AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have been seeing H/K Avr 525's go one ebay for about $550-$600 lately and have thought about getting one. Originally, I had wanted to get used separates (A H/K Sig2.0 Sig2.1 combo for about $800 or so--more then I wanted to spend). But the 525 seems rather nice as well. Right now due to small room size I will only be using 5.1 audio for the foreseeable future. In addition to good surround sound, I also want something that can really shine at 2-channel sound. (Budget is $600--ebay, used, referb is okay)

So which of these do you vote for, or an I leaving something out?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Spend $649 and get it used at jandr.com - shipping included.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Onecall has it for $590 shipped, but you need to signup for a free Onecall membership or something.

I got the info from gotapex . com on Tuesdays deals

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just got mine from Costco (because of their return policy - no questions asked EVER).The 2 channel sound is amazing.

I had one last year as an upgrade from the 520, but it was damaged in shipping and Costco didn't have any more. I kept the 520 till now. For the 2-channel alone it was worth the upgrade. Music finally sounds like music again - though the 520 was better than most. In addition, I got bass management and several improvements in control with the remote.

Onecall is selling for $590 that might be the best. They are an authorized dealer so you get the warranty. However you do it you won't regret the move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.