AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had the AVR210 for ~10 years and it has always been a solid performer and still use it for my HT setup. I handle HDMI switching with an external switcher and run optical or toslink to the AVR for the audio. This has worked well for a long time but as of late, some of the annoying things it does is getting to me and I may upgrade. I do not use the AVRs built in amps, i use the preouts to a stack of QSC EX series amps.

The source on the AVR does not change and is connected to a DTV DVR receiver, as I flip through the channels, there is a loud pop that is heard if the audio source goes from 5.1 to PCM.

Another issue is if I am watching a show with a PCM audio source but have the receiver set to pro logic, if I pause the DVR for more than 2 seconds, that annoying pop is heard and the AVR defaults back to 2ch.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
29,106 Posts
sounds like something is defective on your receiver. Might be time for an upgrade to a HDMI receiver.

I know HK receivers during that time period also had a delay locking in on a digital signal. When changing channels you'd miss 1-2 seconds while the AVR locks in on the PCM or DD signal.

My HK never made the popping noise you describe though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.