Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H/K EZSet and Pioneer MCACC....

Do these two features from their respective companies essentially do the same thing?

Although I always have the upgrade bug, it seems to be a little stronger than usual right now. I have been looking at receivers from H/K, Pioneer, and Marantz.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Quote:
Do these two features from their respective companies essentially do the same thing?
To a point, the EZ set will calibrate the distance and volume out of each speaker. The MCACC will go a step further and EQ your calibration.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Just to point out. On the Pioneer D912, No-one really knows for sure whether the MCACC does equalization, or not. People are leaning towards NOT last time I heard. So, if not, that receiver is essentially using the same system as ezset.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just learned that EZSet does not set the sub output (atleast not on the 525). Does MCACC set sub levels?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
On the Elite models the answeris yes on sub output- the 912K probably does also...........912 also does not do equilization at least the last time I heard.

Mike

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tomes
Just to point out. On the Pioneer D912, No-one really knows for sure whether the MCACC does equalization, or not. People are leaning towards NOT last time I heard. So, if not, that receiver is essentially using the same system as ezset.
I don't think the poster said anything about this specific mass-market pioneer product, and MCACC is on a lot more units than just the D912-K.

·
Registered
597 Posts
cschang,

i'm reasonably sure that the MCACC on the d912 and the 43tx are quite similar to the ez-set HK. I know the 43tx allows for sub adjustment and don't know about the d912.

There have been some questions about the accuracy of the ez-set remote. However, considering it only measures distance and loudness, it should not be a serious concern.

Moving toward the 45tx, 47tx,49tx, there is no comparison between MCACC and ez-set. The Elites have equalization that sets all speakers to a reference level along the equalization path (AIR studios, Britain).

On a side note...I have noticed the 45tx to be revealing of bad recordings.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I know there are different flavors of MCACC, but in all flavors it does adjust the sub.

For the EzSet, I know, for atleast the 525, it does not set sub levels, the sub needs to be set manually with an external tone....the receiver does not have any tone generation for the sub. I wonder what the reason is for that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.