AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get dvd rips and tv rips to work flawless but im having trouble with blu-ray rips.

I am using clown_bd, I can get playback to work fine in mpc.

But anytime I launch the .m2ts file (movie) in media portal with moving pictures, it stutters/lags really bad. it will do this for the whole movie if I let it, but heres the confusing part. If I skip forward, even 5-10 seconds, it plays back perfectly smooth with audio in sync.

Ive tried several codecs and im lost. Im on win7rc1 im about to grab an old HDD and do a fresh install of vista and start over, but id like to avoid that.

I really like media portal with moving pictures but If I can get this im prob going to goto a pch/nmt which im not thrilled about.

I know media portal has its own forums but I seem to get help/answers here faster

Thanks!

edit //

Im on a e8400 4gb of ram and a 9800gt running the files from a local harddrive 7200rpm sata

·
Registered
368 Posts
You could also try on the installing mediaportal sticky thread here. I'll give it a try through. Are you familiar with graphedit. It lets you see what filters your system is using to play back the files. I use mediaportal and it works fine with m2ts files for me on two systems. I think your issue is with the splitter that breaks the file into audio and video streams. The preferred splitters are arcsoft's and mpc's. If you know about graphedit open up the file and see what spliiter it's using. I'd try installing the mpc stand alone splitter since mpc seems to be working for you.

If you understand what I'm talking about here you've got a good chance of fixing it. It works for me and many others so it should work for you. It's just a question of getting the right codecs working. If none of this makes sense to you it may take some time to get it straightened out, but it's doable.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
What filters are you using?

- Source/splitter filter

- Video decoder (for each of H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2; stutters/lags occur for every format?)

- Audio decoder (do some of your m2ts contain Dolby TrueHD?)

- Video renderer

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got smooth playback but now I get an error

mkx, something couldnt be opened, a little googling said this is because of subtitles, and to install vsfilter (which i have turned off in haali) but they said enabling it stops hardware support.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
Use 1.1.0 Alpha, which supports subtitles and DXVA at the same time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Renethx, im going to try that tommorow morning (just got off work and im dead tired)

Quick question, is there any way to tell if DXVA (hardware acceleration) is being used? Right now im using an e8500 but when this thing is full time htpc im gonna use an e5xxx or lower, so I need to make sure the gfx card is doing its part.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
Windows 7's default H.264 decoder has several issues. So I recommend to use MPC Video Decoder. During playback, you can check if DXVA is working or not by opening the property of MPC Video Decoder. Of course you can see it by checking CPU usage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.