AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to hop off the BenQ train and to buy the Optoma H30 (since I found a good price deal). I have a few questions though.

What are the installation difficulties that have been alluded to? I'm probably going to be table mounting, so do the problems affect me as much?

I heard that the image shifts when you switch to HDTV - how much is the shift? Isn't that a pain for fixed screen people?

How are people dealing with the single RGB/component input? I had decided on a solution when buying the 6100 or 6200, but I wanted to see what H30 owners were doing.

Any other last minute tidbits and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And one more question, does anyone know the clearence needed in the back for mounting at the back of a room? Thanks.

Oh - PM sent regarding deal, but it basically revolves around a lot of Dell discounts for others interested.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have an X1 - rainbow city during high contrast / scenes with white in them.

I demo'ed a Marantz DLP projector at an A/V place today - I didn't see any trace of rainbows even when I tried. The guy didn't know what the spec was on it, but from research it looks like the Marantz has a 6-segment, 9000 RPM wheel.

I also eyed up the Samsung DLP again @ Circuit City - I can see a teeny tiny glimpse of rainbows if I try very hard to see one - now that I know how it is that I see them on the X1. Couldn't see before I had the X1, and I don't thiiiiink I will see them during viewing. By all accounts the Samsung RPTVs have an effective 5x wheel I think....?

Please send me a PM as well - I know there's a 15% off small business coupon floating around if you can get your hands on one...I would really go ahead and get the H30 but I checked the Dell return policy - there is a 15% restock fee on small business purchases! ICK!

I'm afraid I'll get the H30 and see rainbows, and end up biting the 15% restock fee.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i thought the h30 was considered a home product at dell not a small business product. I know theres the 5 % coupon as well. Check again I almost ordered from dell and i checked there return policy i believe it falls under home peripherals category and you can return it with out a restock fee (even though you don't have anything to worry about, you wont want to send it back;) )

well i checked again this is where its listed under

USA > Home & Home Office > Software & Peripherals

shouldn't have a restocking fee applied to it

·
Registered
724 Posts
You can get pretty much anything @ Dell from either dept.

FYI

I found out there's a 10% off Home software & peripherals coupon running as of today - I guess I will use that instead so as not to risk the restock fee.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
The image shift is the 16.9native aspect which expands the screen. Use the 16.9 4.3scaled versions and you shouldn't hv a problem. Looks like there's a little overscan also with the native aspects anyway.

·
Registered
807 Posts
This projector should be fine table mounted but it depends on your room. I currently have a LT150 on a rack about 12" off the floor projecting on to a 92x52 screen the bottom of which is about 36" off the floor. Usually a projector will have to be mounted below the screen by some amount which varies from projector to projector. I would contact Optoma support and they should be able to tell you how much that offset set is. So basically you need to able to mount your projector with a clear line to the centre of your screen far enough back to fill whatever screen size you are going to use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.