Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I know that the XB31 should "belong" to the other forum but :

I was asking myself which one of the two projectors would be the winner. Since the H55 costs 1000$ more having 1000:1 against 1800:1 , 1000 ansi lumen against 1500 but beeing specifically for HT use.

Si I'm asking :

Better XB31 1800:1, 1500 ansi , but for Businness or H55 1000:1, 1000 ansi but designed for HT ?

bye!

·
Registered
JVC NX7 Projector, Draper 132" (2.35:1) Techvision XT 1300x, Panasonic DP-UB420, Zidoo Z9x, Zappit
1,616 Posts
Mark,

I, and one other forum member that I know of, quickly returned the H55 because of excessive rainbow artifacts. Whichever way you go, if you can't demo the projector before ordering, make certain you have your dealers return policy in writing.

The H55 has a lot of good qualities, one of them being the response of the manufacturer, Optoma, when I contacted them about the rainbows. They were professional, helpful, and concerned.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Neither, see the thread about the TI tech paper. The major improvements in the XB31, which is still a presentation projector, should quickly find their way into HT projectors.

You might want to take a look at the current Sharp with it's 6 times speed color wheel and see if rainbow is still a problem for you. If so, that will probably rule out DLP, which leaves the Hitachi as probably your best choice. It can't produce the CR of this new DLP technology but you'll get higher resolution as a trade off.

Dan

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Why hasn't the XB31 made more of an explosion on the scene here. Given its specs, it blows away anything currently on the market. Is it simply because its a "presentation projector?" Or is it because of the limited release its had?

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.