Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found the H77 closely priced to the MT700

I plan to buy one of these based on the feedback here... my initial reaction is to get the H77.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After reading the thread about the H77 there seems to be a panning problem with the H77... maybe that is why it is soo cheap now? Why would you want to get an H77 if it has a panning problem? Do all PJs have this issue? Does the MT700 have this problem too?

·
Registered
597 Posts
If I understand correctly from Guitarman's post, he is upgrading the firmware on all remaining instock H77's which will eliminate the panning issue. I have the MT-700 and panning is not a problem nor am I aware of any on that thread.

When I purchased the PJ in April, their was a huge price difference. NOW, if I could do it all over again, would choose the Optoma.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Throw into the mix a good LCD from Sony VPL-HS51 v Mt700 v H77

I am still leaning towards the H77 now... You mention quitarman is upgrading the firmware on the problem units... but how do i get one of the ones guitarman has fixed?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Suggest you PM Guitarman for details. Check any Optoma thread for his posts in order to do so.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I suggest checking the end of the main Toshiba MT700 support thread. It says Toshiba is getting out of the home projector business and its customer support is already compromised. If this is true, I don't see how anyone could recommend the MT700 without mentioning this too.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
don't forget the benq pe7700 is the exact same unit as the toshiba mt700

pretty sure benq oem's it for toshiba

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.