AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for H77,8,9 users - and a tip for all front PJ users. I currently run a Sony 11HT PJ and have found that by running a 2" length of black ribbon along the top of my screen (not secured to it, but close) I can perfectly frame any aspect ratio image. To get rid of the top black bar I electronically shift the image up to the ribbon using the vertical shift feature on the PJ, then I inch the screen up to frame the bottom of the image. You wouldn't believe the difference a perfectly framed image makes unless you've experienced it ! My Question is this - does the H77 series have this vertical shift feature? I believe it has a V shift of an OPTICAL kind that shifts the whole "image window" and not what's WITHIN it. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. :eek:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jason. Just to be 100% clear on this, you're confirming that the H77 has a feature enabling the image to be moved up and down within the projected "window" ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
When you use a DVI connection you are not able to shift the picture vertically within the window (only mechanically; which moves the whole window).

Only when using an analog connection this is possible using the remote.

___

Bas.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bas, I believe I'll be sticking with my analogue connection for the near future at least.

In case anyone's wondering about the "grey light spill" at the bottom of the screen when I inch it up - I have a black screen width curtain on a pole which is about 15" higher than the bottom of the sreen at full drop. This curtain is fixed and always touches the floor. I use a micro switch in series with the power supply to the screen motor to make inching a sinch. The black curtain absorbs any light spill perfectly - no more "grey" bars!

Fitting a similar curtain atop the screen and moving the whole image up isn't out of the question, but I don't really want to use optical lense shift for fear of image degradation/overall practicality. But Hey, if someone's already tried it to good effect - let's hear about it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.