AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think this would be a good upgrade path in terms of significant increase in picture quality? I currently use a Stewart Grayhawk (.8 gain) and still have white walls but the room is dedicated and light controlled. I plan to paint the room dark in about 6 months and possibly replace the screen material with StudioTek 130. Screen to projector distance is about 13 ft at this time and viewing distance is about 14 feet. The thing with the HD78DC3 is that the PQ is still very good and I feel that it is only lacking in the black level detail and it's 4000:1 contrast ratio. Once the RS1's go down in price, it would be very tempting to upgrade to it probably later this year or even early next year. I did experience my SE 13HD (PLV-60 clone) upgrade to the HD78DC3 a quantum leap in PQ quality so was hoping for the same with an RS1. Any input is welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninoe99 /forum/post/0

. I did experience my SE 13HD (PLV-60 clone) upgrade to the HD78DC3 a quantum leap in PQ quality so was hoping for the same with an RS1. Any input is welcome. Thanks!

As a long time 6+year se13hd user the comments in this thread are most reassuring as I'm upgrading to an RS1 soon. Jumping from the low contrast 13hd straight to the RS1 I'm hoping it will be a "holy crap" moment(the good kind
) when i watch the first movie on the RS1.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input Dan!

KenWH, yes, it should be as that is how I felt when I got the HD78DC3. Enjoy the RS1!

HD-DVD & Blu-Ray still wows me now on the HD78DC3...can't wait to see it on the RS1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.