Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well after some playing I have gotten my new H79 "pimped" and the picture looks great!! Only problem now is that the wife says it looks like a bathroom fixture plopped down on our end table. Actually I have to agree its not much but a white blob.

Has anyone looked into getting a custom paint job on the outer case. There is a guy here in Okinawa that did my wifes Harley for about $450 and did a great job on it. I would assume a nice black Lacquer job would not cost more than about $150. Can you remove the case such that it could be painted? looks like just a few screws holding it down? Has anyone painted on? if so can you post some pictures??

thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
I think you could make it look better, but I'm guessing you would void the warranty instantly.

--Darin

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
I think you could make it look better, but I'm guessing you would void the warranty instantly.
And as an Optoma owner, you definitely want to keep the warranty intact. I, and many others, know this from experience.

Why not build a hushbox to put over it?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point - did not think about the warranty - definitly not going to mess with voiding that. I guess I could call and ask if painting the cover would void it though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.