AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am looking for some help. I use to own a Canon Optura Pi Mini DV until it got stolen about a year ago. Since then I have been on the hunt for a good replacement. I was looking at Canon again until someone turned me onto the Sony camcorders.

I am looking for a good high-def replacement camera and think I have narrowed it down to a couple. The camcorders that interest me the most at this point are the Sony HDR CX150 and the HDR CX500V.

I will be using this camera mostly for shooting family events, vacations, indoor parties, basketball games, weather, playing at the lake, etc... I will also be using it to shoot educational training videos for my website. Mainly shooting 1 to 2 people training indoors with some outdoors. I need to make sure it picks up talking well at 10 to 20 feet away.

Some of the things that I like about the two cameras mentioned above are:

CX150
  1. 25x Optical Zoom
  2. Compact Size
  3. Flash Memory
  4. 24mbps
  5. Smooth Slow Record

CX500V
  1. 1/2.88 Exmor R Low Light Sensor
  2. 32gb Internal Memory
  3. Sony G Lens
  4. 3" Touch Panel LCD
  5. 12mp Stills
  6. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
  7. Dual Record
  8. Smooth Slow Record

Ok, there are the things that interest me the most at this time. The two biggest that I am debating between is the 25x optical zoom of the CX150 and the 1/2.88 Exmor R Low Light Sensor and 12mp Stills of the CX500V. Can anyone shed some light on these for me and your opinions towards each?

I would love to hear any feedback you might have about these two cameras and any others that you think might be a better fit for what I am looking at. Right now I can get the CX500V for $200 more than the price of the CX150. Is it worth it? If so, why in your opinion is it? I really like the 25x optical zoom of the CX150, but is it worth it? These are all the questions going through my head.

If you can help me sort out these thoughts I would be very appreciative. I really would like to buy a camera this next week so I can start capturing family video again. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WardMotion /forum/post/18307689

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am looking for some help. I use to own a Canon Optura Pi Mini DV until it got stolen about a year ago. Since then I have been on the hunt for a good replacement. I was looking at Canon again until someone turned me onto the Sony camcorders.

I am looking for a good high-def replacement camera and think I have narrowed it down to a couple. The camcorders that interest me the most at this point are the Sony HDR CX150 and the HDR CX500V.

I will be using this camera mostly for shooting family events, vacations, indoor parties, basketball games, weather, playing at the lake, etc... I will also be using it to shoot educational training videos for my website. Mainly shooting 1 to 2 people training indoors with some outdoors. I need to make sure it picks up talking well at 10 to 20 feet away.

Some of the things that I like about the two cameras mentioned above are:

CX150
  1. 25x Optical Zoom
  2. Compact Size
  3. Flash Memory
  4. 24mbps
  5. Smooth Slow Record

CX500V
  1. 1/2.88 Exmor R Low Light Sensor
  2. 32gb Internal Memory
  3. Sony G Lens
  4. 3" Touch Panel LCD
  5. 12mp Stills
  6. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
  7. Dual Record
  8. Smooth Slow Record

Ok, there are the things that interest me the most at this time. The two biggest that I am debating between is the 25x optical zoom of the CX150 and the 1/2.88 Exmor R Low Light Sensor and 12mp Stills of the CX500V. Can anyone shed some light on these for me and your opinions towards each?

I would love to hear any feedback you might have about these two cameras and any others that you think might be a better fit for what I am looking at. Right now I can get the CX500V for $200 more than the price of the CX150. Is it worth it? If so, why in your opinion is it? I really like the 25x optical zoom of the CX150, but is it worth it? These are all the questions going through my head.

If you can help me sort out these thoughts I would be very appreciative. I really would like to buy a camera this next week so I can start capturing family video again. Thanks in advance for your help!

Check this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1234335

1 - 2 of 2 Posts