AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newer poster here. The title says it. I found a used paradigm DSP-3400 for a fair bit less than either of the other two options I was considering. I haven't found a lot of information on the paradigm sub other than a few anecdotes on this forum, but from what I have seen it looks like the DSP-3400 might compare favorably to the VTF 3.3. Although I'm not sure if it would be as musical. Does anyone have any insight or thoughts, or better yet experience with the sub? Thanks for the help.

My use will be 50/50 music/HT. The room is about 18x13x8 with a large opening to the kitchen and dining room.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
personally I didn't find the 3400 that tight sounding compared to the other Paradigm models (all of which are more expensive). I would still go with the Hsus

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. Have you guys heard the HSU subs for comparison to the DSP-3400? Any other subs you would recommend in this range?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I havnt heard the 3.3 but I have heard the uls15 which Is awesome but it's difficult to compare sealed to ported. Where are you located because their are people who will demo for you in your area.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Go for the MK 3 OR 2..i have the 2 in a slightly smaller room. There are a lot of reviews on these 5 STAR subs! I am very happy with the 50/50 sound reproduction of the HSU subs. If you want more tactile feel in your room go for the MK3.3 or MK.4 it will give you more headroom. They are basicaly the same subs in sound except in power (MK3) and EQ ing on the MK4.

·
Registered
521 Posts
where did you find the deal on 3400? I have been looking for 2. thx

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mpray1983 my PM was rejected because your PM box is full....

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid$team
Mpray1983 my PM was rejected because your PM box is full....
Just cleaned it out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts