AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing though audiogon looking at Canada listings. I came upon this Hafler DH500 for a very reasonable price in Canada. 255 W x2. I'd love to add some nice clean power to the front for my Rotel RSX 1055.

I have not been able to find much info on these amps. Are they good, bad etc. etc. Anyone know anythinbg about them?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, I owned this amp...21 years ago!! Hafler sold built amps and also their more popular kits. That's what I bought. Took me a month to solder everything together. I drove Acoustat 2+2s with the Hafler and it sounded great. Stable into the draconian load the Acoustats showed. You might want to find the age and origination of the box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agreed - These were among the state of the art back in the day. Try to find out if it was purchased from the factory or assembled as a kit. You may not want to buy someone else's electronics project, at least without listening to it first.

Note that these are also available fairly often on the auction sites, if you are looking for a wider selection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.