AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggling 101

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Barrybud 
In fact, the Tweeter Service Plan (not an extended warranty) does include one bulb replacement. In addition, they will clean the set's innards once per year (I'm not sure if I like that idea yet). And, if during the term of the contract the set breaks and cannot be repaired, you get a new set. If it happens to be a couple years later, that new set is whatever the current model is.

I was able to get a decent price match at Tweeter by bringing in someone else's receipt. Altogether, I got a 50" GWIII for about 20% off. In addition, they threw in free delivery and reduced the 5 year service plan price to $300. I had no problems getting this.

What I did have a problem with was when I tried to get another 10% off. I pointed out that Sears would match the Tweeter price, and because they were having a card-holders' 10% sale, drop it by another 10%. The Tweeter manager said he couldn't play that game, but would be more than happy to take my set back and refund the purchase price. I decided to stick with the set I had, rather than wait for another (15 days out) from Sears. And I'm glad I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.