AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little advice.

Planning out the beginnings of a fairly large WHA and automation system. My main focus is to get a few zones of WHA and security up and running first (part of a large renovation project i'm doing myself, basically a room at-a-time). I have decided on a russound MCA-C5 for the audio, and a OmniPro2 for the backbone of the automation, security, etc. I want to control everything using a combination of HAI touchscreens, iphones, ipads, and maybe a 3rd-party TS/computer combo somewhere. I don't want Russound keypads, TS's, or apps. I'm trying to determine what will integrate best into this setup: a DMS from Russound, or the Music Gateway from Leviton/HAI. I want metadata at the touchscreens, and iphones, which the MG seems to do, but I also want internet radio and some of the other features the DMS offers. Will the HAI touchscreens receive metadata from the DMS? From what services? I'm also wondering if its best to control source equipment (audio and video) connected to the MCA-C5/VM1 by setting up the MCA-C5 to do it, and then controlling the MCA with the OMNI, or just setup the OMNI to directly control the source equipment using the HTX2 or something.

PS: I know I threw a lot of complicated questions in here, I'd appreciate any info or personal experiences anyone has integrating the 2 brands. Don't feel like you gotta try to tackle the entire series of questions or anything

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Check with HAI to see exactly what integration they offer. If you're not going to use the Russound keypads, you can mix brands between the WHA controller and the source(s) for digital music. You need something that HAI can pull from, and they'll certainly be able to control the Russound unit for the rest...

Jeff

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've been looking over their website, which is now through Leviton, and their not real clear about how far their Russound support goes. I know their touch screens will emulate the Russound interface, but i'm not sure if it will get metadata, and for what sources. Specifically, i'd like to kniw if I get RDS feedback from the Russound AM/FM tuner(s), digital media through the DMS, and Internet radio, Pandora, Vtuner through the DMS. I guess I may just have to send them an email to find out, as I can't find the answer on their website, or any of the product manuals

1 - 3 of 3 Posts