AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Our new house came with Haier Refrg and it's just plain and simple junk.. I know Office Depot sold the Haier 42" LCD HDTV and a lot of people who had purchased them return them due to the fact they gave problems.

Better off getting FUNAI Sylvania 26" at SEARS and Circuit City where I tried out the 26" and 37" model looks just like 37" clone version of the Emerson EWL3706 except for the badging and color of the frame molding.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoncdf /forum/post/0

New to these boards and looking to buy my first hdtv soon. Does anyone have the Haier 26" LCD Television HLH266BB? If so are there any problems with it?

I have the 37" haier. HLH37ATBB.

at under $800.00, I think it's a real steal. the picture quality is entirely sufficient and my ps3 and Blu ray discs look fantastic. I was looking for something inexpensive to simply get me in the game and I couldn't be happier about it.

of course you cannot compare it to sets sets costing 2-3 times as much, but I have to say I think it really holds it's own. I'm very impressed. I guess longevity is always an issue with the lower priced sets so I'll keep an eye on it. But for now I reccommend it. And when my friends come over to watch or hit up the ps3 the only reaction is wow.

i think the biggest flaw is in the remote control... it's very slow to respond and for some reason it has a built in led flashlight instead of light up keys.... in the dark I guess you can use it to find your other remotes? not quite sure what that's all about.. I just got the harmony 880 and it seems to have helped a lot- I'm just glad I don't have to use the remote that came with it anymore-

the only other issue is with the viewing angle.. if you need a set that is going to be in a large family room with people viewing from the sides this is not the best set.. the image is clear and watcheable from all angles but when you start moving away from center the image begins to wash out. I think it's best for a small viewing space or a bedroom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.