AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I took delivery of a Sceptre 20" LCD monitor, model X20G-NAGAII, due to the unbelievable Costco offer.

It is 4:3 with 1600x1200 resolution, and doubles as a TV thanks to its s-video input ...

When using it with a computer, on a pure white background, I noticed a black hair, right in the center of the picture . It's about 4mm ...

Is there any way to get the hair out ? The hair is clearly behind the glass, not attached on the outside.

If not, I guess this one will be going back to Costco over the week-end. Is this common, or is it just my usual luck ?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
One time I found long strands of hair in my pizza.. Wasn't just one or two.. More line 4-5..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Only 1 hair?! There's not much you can do... That is well below Costco's stated 8 dead-hair policy. ;)

Seriously though... I"d just take it back. Costco is very good with returns. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Could be a pube hair.....ewwwwww

I thought when they manufacture lcd's plasma's it's in the cleanest of enviroments?, you see the pic's of them wearing body suits and face mask's.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bud-man,

Apparently my LCD wasn't made in such a clean room !

This hair looks more like a very short hair, like maybe from one of my cats. Except it shouldn't be able to enter the LCD panel, so it must have gotten in at manufacturing time.

I'll be taking the display back very soon.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know, I adopted them from the pound ;) Seriously though, maybe they had some pets in their factory and didn't realize it .

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Well, on the bright side you could sell the set as one-of-a-kind and rare on ebay. ;)

As for the source...I doubt very much it came from a pet or pest. Most likely from a person's eyelash, arm, or scalp.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I returned the LCD with the hair on friday. The person at the Santa Clara Costco had a good laugh when I told them what was wrong with it.

I wish they sold this unit at at the stores as I would have gotten a replacement - the picture was fine except for the hair. Instead, they gave me a cash refund since they don't process VISA at the store and that's what I used for the online order.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.