AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Half Life 1 (not source) supprt wide screen resolutions? I checked tiger daves, but it wasn't too helpful. I have seen some conflicting information on the web and am looking for clarification.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothru22
Yes, for sure, as long as it's the newest version (not source.) Opposing Force does as well.

Thanks. Can you tell me which resolutions it supports?

Thanks again,

Steve

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
It supports the same resolutions as Half Life 2 (and yes, I'm talking about the original version of the game if you update it through steam, not Half Life: Source.) I know this because I was mad that it updated Half Life and Opposing Force and not Blue Shift, which is the game I wanted to play on my widescreen (I never had played it.)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
It supports the same resolutions as Half Life 2 (and yes, I'm talking about the original version of the game if you update it through steam, not Half Life: Source.) I know this because I was mad that it updated Half Life and Opposing Force and not Blue Shift, which is the game I wanted to play on my widescreen (I never had played it.)
Ok, cool, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
I only see "Normal" mode and no 16:9 or 16:10 options. My monitor is 16:10.

edit: I got it to work by plugging the pc into the analog port on the back of the tv instead of the digital. The analog port supports more modes.

It should be noted though, that HL1 does not support any 16:10 resolutions. HL2 does.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
And the source of the confusion:

Quote:
edit: I got it to work by plugging the pc into the analog port on the back of the tv instead of the digital. The analog port supports more modes.
:D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Well, I remember it supporting 1280x720 and 1920x1080. I do not mess with any 16:10 settings. What TV do you want to run at 16:10 anyway?
It's a Pioneer PDP 434-CMX (43" Plasma).

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetPreacher
And the source of the confusion:

:D
Well, technically it is a monitor.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Quote:
It's a big plasma and it's 16:10? I'm actually confused.
His plasma has a native resolution of 1024x768 but does a compression display of 1280x768 and while many call it a 16:10 resolution, it is actually a 15:9 resolution.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83
His plasma has a native resolution of 1024x768 but does a compression display of 1280x768 and while many call it a 16:10 resolution, it is actually a 15:9 resolution.

Correct, 1280x800 would be 16:10.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.