AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if any of you have spaces that have this 'feature' and how you have dealt with / worked around it (pics are great!) in terms of your layout.

House is a typical backsplit. The room I 'have' has a 'half wall' (I am sure there is a correct term for this) as pictured below that is 4'10" off the ground all around exterior walls. It is there because the backsplit has a walkout and half the wall is the foundation.

my biggest issue is making things look clean. ie. wall mounting a tv is difficult because at eye level you're in the half wall.. if I go above it the tv is too high for my taste. she who must be obeyed would prefer things be up off the floor so my floor standing fronts speakers may have to go and a tv stand may not work.

·
Registered
586 Posts
On one of the left/right walls can you build a false wall and or fur it out on the top so that the wall appears smooth? That would help to give you a controlled surface to work from. The false wall can be great for hiding speakers and such which can help WAF.

On the window/door wall that might be more difficult because it will make the windows look like tunnels. (obviously your tastes and WAF may vary).

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'd fur the wall out to eliminate that "step" in it. I'm surprised the builder built it this way to be honest.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you both. excellent suggestion.

fir out the left and right walls in the pic below. as walter mentioned, I could not do the wall with french door/windows as it would produce the 'tunnel' effect

now where to put everything.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'd do the Wall with the doors/windows too. We're only talking about a few inches here.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts