AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some rumours going around right now that Halo 2 has just been leaked, I guess with a high profile title like this it was a matter of time.. but one month in advance? Damn.

I have a feeling the playing field won't be as level as we hoped on Live Nov.9

Doh!

· Registered
1,116 Posts
I don't think the field will be level due to part 1. I never played multiplayer in pt 1 so I know that those who played it like crazy already have a huge upperhand because Halo 2 has the same play mechanics. Oh well, if I stink as bad as I do at rainbow six 3 I'll stick to single player.

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but finding all the little hidden tricks in the maps ahead of time, learning the "routes" and sniping points, etc. I'm so gonna get owned by some 13 year old punk day one :p

It's still just a rumour though, but I wouldn't be suprised if one of those final discs made it's way out of Bungie's offices on the way to the pressing. Did anyone see the last Bungie update? They had stacks of those suckers just lying around.. damn!

Or could just be the beta/Zanzibar.. hmm..

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Ugh, I heard this too. People were posting pictures of co-op campaign mode on IRC. So i'm guessing it's real as i've never seen these photos before and i've been following it pretty closely.

I think this sucks. Kind of takes alot of steam out of the Nov. 9th launch since pretty much everyone and their mom will have this leaked copy by the end of the week.

Then again, you need a modded XBOX to play copied games and you can't play on Live but still, theres going to be spoilers gallore on every forum i visit now so I'll have to back away. Hopefully we can keep this forum spoiler free.

· Registered
2,380 Posts
So what? I don't care if a kid kills me because he's had the game in advance. Just learn where he was and use your smarts to kill him.

You guys afraid that your rank will go down or something?

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not at all, just changes the feeling a bit knowing that there's been a bunch of people who've already played the hell out of the maps instead of everyone having the same experience day one.

I guess it's more jealousy than anything ;)

Lets hope the ranking system in Halo doesn't cause it to become another Socom - point whores and all.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Yeah, I have access to download it if i want, but.. i dont want to. I dont even have a modded xbox.

I happend to tell a few friends of mine and now they keep bugging me to download it for them but I had to refuse. They even said if I did they would order me a mod chip and pay for overnight shipping.

I was looking forward to taking off the 9th and playing all day and night, I dont want to ruin that experience.

I just went on XBOX Connect and there are people playing it on there. It does kind of suck that everyones going to have a month to get used to the game. I was looking forward to launch night when everyone would be playing on live and everyone would be on equal ground.

Maybe Bungie will release it early now? I doubt it though.

Well, its bed time for me. I guess i'll find out more about this tomorrow.

· Registered
8,070 Posts
Never trust the French!

The only real problem is (as already mentioned) some players will now know the maps inside and out.

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Sad to see it leaked. But as I have read elsewhere, Halo2 has a lot of respect with gamers and this won't affect it's sales. Kids who are gonna pirate a pre-released copy are the same ones who were gonna pirate it anyways on the 9th.

Either way, I have my collecters edition on pre-order and will still be there at midnight to pick up my copy!!!

BTW: Here's Bungie's stance on the whole deal on thier forums: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=829516

· Registered
262 Posts
It is similar to people that get divx's of or vcd's of movies before they are released. Why in the world would you want to watch something from a horrid rip or play a game in another language/format having to convert the signal just so you can. Thanks, I will wait. Wouldn't it be great if microsoft recorded anyone attempting to use Live and then blocking their mac address for all time, imagine the uproar that would cause!

I am also for the giving of money when it is due. That is why I would pay for this release because they deserve my money for such a great experience. I would not want to taint that with some prerelease junk.

· Registered
1,581 Posts
MS can't do anything about mac addresses. Well at least not yet. They ban the eeprom's of hacked xboxs and according to bungie, they're just gonna ban gamer tags if they can tell that you have the pre-release copy. Anyways back on topic.

There are certain things out there that should never ever be bootlegged unless you already trully own the originals:

Star Wars Trilogy

Halo2

· Registered
2,320 Posts
Who cares if some 13 year old punk is already playing it? Who cares if they're getting to know the maps? (if they even have multiplayer access - local or remote) This is just all the more reason to get an AVS clan going and play with people who are out to have fun and whose goal isn't to spawn camp and demonstrate their ability to swear nonstop.

· Registered
518 Posts
I have now stopped going to all my regular Halo2 forums as I really don't want to see any spoilers.

I hope that the pics/game play experiences don't get so spread out on the internet that it will be hard to avoid. I would really like to experience it first hand and be surprised.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.