AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an e-mail from Microsoft stating that confirmation into the H3 Beta will be sent out within the next 2 days (for those that have been selected) .

* So watch those e-mails

----- Jason

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is what it says ...

"Greetings Halo® Nation and thanks for your interest in participating in the Halo 3 multiplayer public beta.

Phase one registration is now closed. If you have been selected to participate, you will receive an email notification within the next two days.

For those of you that didn't make it in - fret not as this phase one was just the first of three ways to secure entry into the Halo 3 multiplayer public beta. The next two paths of entry are:

Qualifying over Xbox Live® via the "Rule of Three" program in early February

Purchasing marked packages of the upcoming game CrackdownTM, which hits store shelves in North America on Feb. 20

To find out more about these opportunities visit halo3.com for detailed information.

We hope this provides additional clarity on this phase of entry into the Halo 3 multiplayer public beta. See you online!"

--- Jason

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just received the same email... Fingers crossed that I get that second email

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I got the above notification email followed by another email:

Congratulations (my name), you have been chosen to participate in the Halo® 3 beta.

In order to participate, you must have access to:

-An Xbox 360TM Pro console or Xbox 360 Core console with hard drive

-A valid Xbox Live® Gold subscription

Keep an eye on your inbox, we will be sending more information about this opportunity soon.

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah well then I guess those of us that did not get the 2nd e-mail soon after are probably not selected , bummer as there is no way I am buying Crackdown just to get in on the beta .

--- Jason

·
Registered
861 Posts
How soon after the first E-mail did you receive the second one?

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Im just buying the crackdown game. In the world of $600 consoles and $2000 1080P tvs that do everything from sweep your floors to cook your dinner.. whats $50-60 bucks to get a game like Crackdown that will probably be decently playable.. but more importantly give you beta access to Halo3.

Hell its the software that make gaming worth it anyways.. I dont see a purpose in continuing to wait to play something I absolutely KNOW I will enjoy.

The whole beta thing actually brings a tear to my eye. I remember after the first xbox was introduced and LIVE was just a beta thing. I signed up August of 2002 I believe and beta tested LIVE until it formally released in November 2002.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I got the first email...no second one yet...maybe it's alphabetical...A's now.....anybody near the end of the alphabet get one?

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Too much hassle..

I'd go as far to guess the reason why they are saying you must have a HDD. Is because probably you have to have the original certificate or whatever in the crackdown box to enter the code to access and download the Beta

And then have the crackdown disc actually in your machine to play the game.

Hell if I paid $15 for bankshot billiards, and alot of other silly shyt off marketplace. Best believe Ill reup for this Beta. Not to mention you dont want to get to far behind with shyt like Halo3. You know there will probably be some kids who know every single corner of the Beta and where every weapon is about 5 hours after its released.. lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.