AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
you're screwed, call microshaft for a refurb, or if you have warranty for the store i would go with the store cause microshafts refurbs might do the same 3 red lights.

To receive instructions for obtaining repair or replacement warranty services you must call:Within the U.S., U.S. Territories and Canada: 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269); TTY users: 1-866-740-XBOX (1-866-740-9269).

Edit: shipping might take a while too, so shipping might take all of halo 3 beta time
if you want a short term remedy, wrap it up in 2 big towels all around, leave it on for 30 minutes, it will get really hot, take off the towels and let it cool off, turn it on then it wont give you 3 red lights anymore, but this is only a short term fix, tomorrow it might give you the lights again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b0LHbNPo1qY

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
towel trick.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Congratulations! You are now an official member of the Xbox 360 community! Welcome to a very elite and prestigious club. One which has many, many members...some of which have been initiated 2 or 3 times! Glad to have you on board.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
also, this has nothing to do with the halo 3 beta, and if it did, there is a sticky for that.

have you checked the 3 red rings sticky?

·
Registered
877 Posts
And that's the worst thread ever? What is this, the second thread you've read?

You're the guy who had the sig bitching about all the whining. I guess it's fine when you do it, which you certainly seem to do a lot.

·
Banned
2,950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 /forum/post/0

And that's the worst thread ever? What is this, the second thread you've read?

You're the guy who had the sig bitching about all the whining. I guess it's fine when you do it, which you certainly seem to do a lot.

No it's the third. Sorry if a little sarcasm bothers you. I don't ***** anymore than you do on here.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasyn /forum/post/0

The title is completely wrong for the thread topic and the second post is a complete bash. Do you agree?

I concur.

·
Banned
2,950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil /forum/post/0

So should I pay the 140.00 or is there something else I could do.

That's really all you can do. If you know what your doing you can take a look yourself and see if something is fixable. Have you checked the 3 red light thread? It has topic on what the 3 lights could mean on your console. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts

Quote:

Keep calling back. you might be able to get someone to either let you add the extended warrantee or either give you a discount on the repair.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:

do the towel trick, it'll fix it for a few months at least, then you can finish the beta if anything.

i had 3 red rings about a month ago, overheated my box with a towel, and i havent even had a freeze since then

Quote:

I love Halo 3, but that was the game I was playing when this happen.

i love the beta too, and the beta had nothing to do with your box failing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.