AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In spring saturday march 1, At precisely 6:36pm PST, in a three minute and nineteen second game of Infection on Foundry, four players participated in Halo 3's one billionth match.

Quote:
We've noticed. Many of you are sick to death of Halo. To a certain extent that's understandable, but then, sometimes you have to applaud the efforts of a game that, two years on from release, is still so damn popular.

How popular? According to Bungie, on average, every single day, there are over 1,000,000 unique Halo 3 users. Over one million. Every. Day.

I guess that Halo 3 has been #1 at Xbox Live longer that any other game

·
Banned
2,950 Posts
Amazing that a game that so many people make claims of hatred and a sub par product has such great numbers. Must be doing something right.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
huh, I stopped playing it about 2 months after it came out lol. I guess I'm like the only one!

·
Registered
909 Posts
30yr old here. Still play it just about every time my 360 is on.

Its a good game if you like arcade style FPS. I think more than anything its just a solid title.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've been playing a lot lately. The party feature is invaluable because it's nice to be able to just talk with your friends without having a bunch of kids screaming (I know there's a mute feature, but it's annoying having to mute half a dozen tags each new game). It doesn't hurt that the game modes are really fun, either.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I only play halo 3 when I get so drunk that I won't remember it the next day.. I was immensely into halo 1.. Sorta into halo 2.. Halo 3 feh..

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRic /forum/post/17009953

Meh...I don't think it is a bad game. I just got sick of the bunny hoppers.

Yeah, that annoys me to no end; well that and the fact I could never kill anyone.

I have noticed lately an up swing in the number of CoD players who have taken the jump all over the place to avoid being hit approach to FPS'

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkyxtc /forum/post/17019204

Yeah, that annoys me to no end; well that and the fact I could never kill anyone.

I have noticed lately an up swing in the number of CoD players who have taken the jump all over the place to avoid being hit approach to FPS'

Yeah, you can tell the Halo player in COD....they jump, and the COD players Prone...LOL

·
Registered
779 Posts
Then there were the bad ol' "dolphin dive" days of Battlefield 2, where people would jump, fall into a prone, repeat ad nauseum (until that was patched out).

·
Registered
505 Posts
I never cared for the Halo series (I know just shoot me) but I work with a couple guys that bought 360's and Halo3 when it came out and haven't played any other game. I tried to get them to play COD4 or Gears or something, but they could care less about anything else. They probably play 20-25 hours a week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts