1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome. Big fan of the original Halo and have been looking forward to re-playing the old game with upgraded graphics and online multiplayer. 3D is extra icing on the cake. Hope it plays well though, if the framerate takes a serious hit and gameplay suffers it won't be too usable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just because of the addition of 3d i will be picking this up even tho I swore after Reach it would be the last Halo i bought. I'm not a fan of the series but have played em all because of the coop. I won't be a release day purchase until its on sale.

That's good finally MS is jumping on the bandwagon now we just need some 3d games designed from the ground up with 3d in mind. I'm not going to complain because i was looking forward to a possible title update for Gears3 to support 3d but now its day one with 3d so i hope the bugs will be worked out before the 20th of this month.

·
Registered
460 Posts
i got my copyof Halo CE , and will be trying it in 3D ONLY when i get off work ......

This is all i could find for a review for 3D .. not much .. i wish there was a 3D review site

The 3D integration is simply astonishing. There is however a downside to the 3D, it's reserved only for Combat Evolved meaning that the Anniversary maps that run on the Halo: Reach engine do not have 3D support. Sadly there are occurrences where the 3D falls apart, which seems to be an issue with some textures in the game, noticeable mainly later on with blood splatterings on some floors which differ significantly from the left and right image which has a negative impact on your vision.

While Halo Anniversary looks excellent remastered in HD, when playing in 3D you really feel like you've stepped into the boots of the Master Chief, flying in for the beach landing on The Silent Cartographer, or entering the snowy Covenant filled mountains on Assault on the Control Room, it's never looked so good and certainly a showcase game for the 3D naysayers.

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/...ry/review.html

·
Registered
66 Posts
Played through first act 'Pillar of Autumn' - I think that's what it is called - in 3D. What a great experience. First of all I did not even know there was a 3D option, but was anticipating this game just for the Halo HD update. Now this made buying my 55' Panasonic GT-30 all the more sweeter. Looking forward to playing the rest of the game in 3D.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The 3D is awesome in this game... and better yet it's not Side-bySide or Top-Bottom, it is sterescopic 3D the same as the PS3 games. You need to make sure the 3DTV is enabled in the system settings before launching the game... what a suprise as i thought it was just side-by-side.

The 3D is really good, easy on the eyes

sadly though....... this game hasn't aged well at all ...... played through the first mission until the beach landing.... but it should get better from here

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark /forum/post/21218525

The 3D is awesome in this game... and better yet it's not Side-bySide or Top-Bottom, it is sterescopic 3D the same as the PS3 games. You need to make sure the 3DTV is enabled in the system settings before launching the game... what a suprise as i thought it was just side-by-side.

The 3D is really good, easy on the eyes

sadly though....... this game hasn't aged well at all ...... played through the first mission until the beach landing.... but it should get better from here

I was pleasantly surprised as well at the fact that they didn't use sbs for Halo....and I was similarly astonished when the xbox guide came through properly in stereoscopic format as well.

The 3D I found to be fairly good most of the time, though I didn't mess around much with the default setting. Some things need a little work, but nothing that really detracts from the overall game. For example, when you start in the second level the tall grass looks kind of odd, like it's not quite rendering properly. I wouldn't have even noticed it but there is so damn much of that grass you can't possibly avoid it. Other than that and the occasionally flaky blood stain/spatter nothing really jumped out at me as overly bad/annoying.

·
Registered
460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz /forum/post/21227399

I was pleasantly surprised as well at the fact that they didn't use sbs for Halo....and I was similarly astonished when the xbox guide came through properly in stereoscopic format as well.

The 3D I found to be fairly good most of the time, though I didn't mess around much with the default setting. Some things need a little work, but nothing that really detracts from the overall game. For example, when you start in the second level the tall grass looks kind of odd, like it's not quite rendering properly. I wouldn't have even noticed it but there is so damn much of that grass you can't possibly avoid it. Other than that and the occasionally flaky blood stain/spatter nothing really jumped out at me as overly bad/annoying.

agreed ... i see ghostign (double image) with master chiefs gun ... i think, though, its because its so close to you (in the foregorund) and my eye site has issues anyway, that its me own eye site problem and not the 3D

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Got the game today; there's a slight drop in resolution while in 3D and that coupled with the stretched FOV to achieve widescreen can give the visuals a slightly clunky appearance at times. But overall its a great implementation with really nice depth, especially when you're reloading your weapons. I'm looking forward to re-experiencing the entire single player campaign in 3D.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bought the game over the weekend and have played the first two levels up to Truth and Reconciliation. Thoughts:

-I'm impressed that like Arkham City, Halo CE Anniversary does not use SBS, it uses true stereoscopic even with the 360's HDMI 1.2 (which, as I've posted in other threads, raises the BS flag about the entire HDMI 1.4 spec itself, considering that even the PS3 with its HDMI 1.3 can now not only do true stereoscopic, but can also pass lossless audio which the powers that be probably lied about when they said that was not possible with anything below 1.4)

-Depth is decent overall, about as good as Gears 3 with a little more crosstalk (look at the outlines of the AR in the Chief's hand), but not anywhere close to as good as Uncharted 3 or God of War Origins

-Like Gears 3, I have to turn on game mode on my Samsung D7000 LED because 3D mode introduces slight input lag; none of the PS3 games I have introduce any input lag whatsoever; curious...

-Here's the disappointing part: while there is slight image and resolution degradation in Arkham City and Gears 3, they are not nearly as noticeably degraded as Halo CE Anniversary; I switched the 3D on and off and the difference is night and day, the game is beautiful in 2D and only acceptable in 3D owing to not only the lower rez but also much much darker picture and suppressed lighting and shadowing; I also noticed a bit more aliasing but maybe that's just me

-I'm almost tempted to shut off 3D altogether and finish the game on my Epson 8100 but I'll keep going and do any subsequent playthroughs on the projector

Overall, I commend 343i for putting in the 3D effort but I wish the execution was a bit better. I guess we have to wait for the next gen for a better full HD 3D experience (hopefully with lossless sound as well).

·
Registered
2,651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R /forum/post/21236503

-Here's the disappointing part: while there is slight image and resolution degradation in Arkham City and Gears 3, they are not nearly as noticeably degraded as Halo CE Anniversary; I switched the 3D on and off and the difference is night and day, the game is beautiful in 2D and only acceptable in 3D owing to not only the lower rez but also much much darker picture and suppressed lighting and shadowing; I also noticed a bit more aliasing but maybe that's just me

I believe this is because Halo is a true stereoscopic 3D game that renders images for both eyes whereas Arkham City uses the so called "re-projection" method to display 3D while minimizing resolution drop.

Also, while I'm pretty sure that Gears 3 was a true widescreen game, its fairly obvious that Halo uses a stretched FOV to display in widescreen and that compromises the resolution even further.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.