AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
i don't know about disappointment..

but, it NEEDS HD support and there is NO reason it shouldn't have it. It has the hardware to will support it (goforce3)

hell, i saw it 2 year ago at E3 running on a p2 and a geforce2 --- 1280x1024.

and unlike old psx games.. there is nothing to lock it into one mode over another (like background) 3d is 3d and all it needs is what rez u want it to render.

forget split screen action.... can't really see what is going on.

I'll finish the damn game.. because it is the only reason i got the damn xbox (but thinking it was high rez)..

nothig was in HD... doa3, odd world, halo.. nothing/...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're saying Halo doesn't even support 480p? I assume you have all the hardware, right? :D

·
Registered
949 Posts
can't tell if its doing 480p. but it is the resolution that is pissing me off... not the interlace.

(btw, i'm running a toshiba 50HX81 - yes.. HD)

ok.. and so what is it is 5.1.. i'm NOT hearing bullets wiz by me?

are they only using two channels?

*sigh*

i'm going to hook the HD to my PC .. hopefully it is NTFS5 and i can read it in win2k/xp

ini or cfg file? force it to run @ a higher rez? maybe? we can hope :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll see. If you thought other consoles are hacked, wait til they get their hands on the Xbox. Bet we'll see all kinds of fun stuff.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Halo does support 480p. In fact every game I have tried does. My complaint is that none support better and not all support 16:9...

-Jon

·
Registered
36 Posts
Halo is giving me widescreen in normal mode, 480p with dolby digital. Have you set xbox to widescreen in setup? I have a mitsubishi 55857 and widescreen works both for component and high definition inputs.

Steve

·
Registered
241 Posts
I too am getting Halo in widescreen in normal mode, 480p DD 5.1. Same with Shrek. DOA3 is widescreen also but not 5.1.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RobbyD
I too am getting Halo in widescreen in normal mode, 480p DD 5.1. Same with Shrek. DOA3 is widescreen also but not 5.1.
What does widescreen in normal mode mean? In the video settings, I have it set to Widesceen, 480p yes, 720p yes, 1080i yes.

I haven't played Halo yet but I was not getting DOA3 in widescreen. I was getting a 4:3 480p signal. Are you sure that your display is not assuming that all 480p signals are 16:9 and stretching it for you?

-Jon

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL hang on so what you guys are saying is that on 4:3 sets you get 16:9, and on 16:9 you get 4:3?! LMFAO

·
Registered
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by d!abolic
We'll see. If you thought other consoles are hacked, wait til they get their hands on the Xbox. Bet we'll see all kinds of fun stuff.
It will be a while. Microsoft will not be selling this unit in Hong Kong or China. They hope this will stem the tide on hacked consoles as a large majority of the console hackers are there.

·
Registered
320 Posts
:)DOA3 is 16:9 480p and DD5.1 Eye candy :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hide, really? Interesting. So why aren't you using 1080i?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Halo (and most other games) only run at 4:3 mode. All can be run in 480p mode, but that means your 16x9 TV should have an option to display 4x3 DTV (most don't).

I have a 16x9 TV too, and it does fill the screen, but it does so by stretching the image horizontally. I asked an MS XBox dev guy, and he confirmed this.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That blows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.