AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in an HS-10 review that Halo is not widescreen- I am getting a projector of some sort soon, and I want it to be a widescreen- probably the HS-10. I can set Halo to sidescreen on my current televsion, and it looks squished on the 4:3 screen. Has anyone here played halo on a widescreen HT setup?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I play it on mine and it looks fine. It is true that it is not 16:9 but it looks awesome anyway. It is just animation after all so there is nothing to comapre it to directly that would tip you off.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've been playing it on my widescreen TV. I thought it was widescreen... Didn't look distorted at all to me (round things looked round).

·
Registered
585 Posts
As you can see from the posts, it so doesn't matter that it's not widescreen that not everyone even notices!

I play Halo in full (widescreen) mode on my Mitsubishi 73711. I am quite sure everything is stretchy, but the game looks totally fine... and I played the game through twice on a regular 32'' TV before getting my Mits.

IMHO, it's just a game so it doesn't really matter. The only game I've noticed the stretchy is Project Gotham. The cars tend to look a little wide, but that would certainly increase their traction so maybe it's a good thing!

-Pie

·
Registered
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by EatingPie
The cars tend to look a little wide, but that would certainly increase their traction so maybe it's a good thing!

-Pie

HAH, the funniest thing I have heard all day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.