AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Effective immediately, all discussions on how much everyone likes version 3.7 must cease until I have received it. Watching this forum and not yet having the upgrade is a special kind of torture! Oh, to live out west!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have two UTV boxes. I had one connected and the other disconnected when the update was downloaded. Does anyone know how to get the update for the other box. I have had the 2nd box reconnected for a day w/o any results.

Thanks

·
Registered
17,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gpatch13
I have two UTV boxes. I had one connected and the other disconnected when the update was downloaded. Does anyone know how to get the update for the other box. I have had the 2nd box reconnected for a day w/o any results.

Thanks
Wait until I get the upgrade - you should have it by then because I seriously believe I'm the last person in the country on the upgrade schedule. There's the West, Mountain, Central, East and me. I think even the folks that have managed to get service in Canada are probably getting upgraded before me. :(

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NetworkTV
Wait until I get the upgrade - you should have it by then because I seriously believe I'm the last person in the country on the upgrade schedule. There's the West, Mountain, Central, East and me. I think even the folks that have managed to get service in Canada are probably getting upgraded before me. :(
But with your luck, I bet you are the FIRST to get the 3.9 upgrade I described in another thread! :)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I tried for years to get E* interrested in carrying Canadian programming. Turns out, it was the government(s) that was more the stumbling block.

Now, after having SC, I'm afraid the US DBS providers would screw up the Canadian programming. As it is, I feel it makes a neat compliment to US DBS. It allows one to watch many popular US shows at more convenient times, more choices in other market locals, re-runs that aren't airing in the states, and usually 1st generation transmission.

With the way US programmers try to play hard ball with renewals, I'm a bit concerned that Rupert might try something radical to get the contract prices down. Something on the order of changing the programming to Aussie TV, keep the locals and sports and Fox News, and scrap anything else that's considered too expensive to keep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.