AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my set up . integra 9.8 - ps3 - hd comcast dvr - optoma hd7100 . i run a 22 gauge mono price hdmi to dvi cable 25 ft . before i put the 9.8 into my set up the ps3 locked on pretty good most of the time (the optoma is picky) the hd cable would only lock if i turn it off than back on . once the ps3 locked it never lost it even when switching from games to movies to the menu . now the 9.8 comes in . the 9.8 always locks on when i pull the menu up (ALWAYS). the cable box usually still have to turn it off than on to get a lock . but when it does it stays locked even when going into the dvr or menu. (it would not stay locked when changing to dvr or menu when it was going direct to the optoma before the 9.8) i found that wierd. the ps3 has a real hard time now that it is going through the 9.8 and everytime it goes to the menu or switch to a game etc it looses its lock all together. it stays locked as long as i dont change anything . if i stay in the menu its ok . if i watch a movie its ok. but if i go from the menu to go play a movie it looses its lock or go from watching a movie and want to go back to the menu it looses its lock .if i unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back in it locks back on . someone told me it was the optoma not hand shacking . the 9.8 looks like it locks on the audio comes up than boom drops it no video from the optoma . almost like the optoma takes longer to lock than the 9.8 is alowing . does that make any sence. its like the 9.8 has a 5 sec timer to lock but the optoma needs 15 sec.i wish i understood how hdmi works .

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve morgan /forum/post/12938481

ok my set up . integra 9.8 - ps3 - hd comcast dvr - optoma hd7100 . i run a 22 gauge mono price hdmi to dvi cable 25 ft . before i put the 9.8 into my set up the ps3 locked on pretty good most of the time (the optoma is picky) the hd cable would only lock if i turn it off than back on . once the ps3 locked it never lost it even when switching from games to movies to the menu . now the 9.8 comes in . the 9.8 always locks on when i pull the menu up (ALWAYS). the cable box usually still have to turn it off than on to get a lock . but when it does it stays locked even when going into the dvr or menu. (it would not stay locked when changing to dvr or menu when it was going direct to the optoma before the 9.8) i found that wierd. the ps3 has a real hard time now that it is going through the 9.8 and everytime it goes to the menu or switch to a game etc it looses its lock all together. it stays locked as long as i dont change anything . if i stay in the menu its ok . if i watch a movie its ok. but if i go from the menu to go play a movie it looses its lock or go from watching a movie and want to go back to the menu it looses its lock .if i unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back in it locks back on . someone told me it was the optoma not hand shacking . the 9.8 looks like it locks on the audio comes up than boom drops it no video from the optoma . almost like the optoma takes longer to lock than the 9.8 is alowing . does that make any sence. its like the 9.8 has a 5 sec timer to lock but the optoma needs 15 sec.i wish i understood how hdmi works .

Steve,

I use an Optoma HD81-LV and experience similar issues to yours. The 9.8 definitely makes handshaking almost ridiculous. I have trouble with every source.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts