AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand what this is, but what I do not get is why does it happen. When I first got my new HD set back in October, it would only happen one in a while switching from 480 to 1080, but lately it is happening more and more. Sure, I can switch back and forth until the problem resolves itself, but for $3000+ we shouldn't be having problems like this.

Does anyone know why this happens and if there is a fix for it? Oh, and yes this is on an HDMI to HDMI connection.

·
Registered
657 Posts
When and why are you switching resolution?

It is always best to select a single resolution (native to your display) for your source.

This will reduce almost all of the issues you are having.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts

Quote:
When and why are you switching resolution?

It is always best to select a single resolution (native to your display) for your source.

This will reduce almost all of the issues you are having.

Maybe his display has a better scaler/video processor then his source device?

I've heard that Monster has modified some of this white paper info because it's creating a stir with the HDMI mafia:

http://www.monstercable.com/hdmi/whitepaper.asp

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
That's the same link you posted in another thread. It was more on topic there -- the link doesn't help at all for the current question of handshake sync.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts

Quote:
That's the same link you posted in another thread. It was more on topic there -- the link doesn't help at all for the current question of handshake sync.

True, and while MONSTER SEEMS TO HAVE EDITED it down a bit, it is helpful to see at least one manufacturer publicly acknowledging problems like handshake issues.

Silicon doesn't want anyone to get off the reservation.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Almost all handshake issues (with the exception of first gen. catv/dss boxs that had an unchecked line of code) are due to capciatence issues between devices. These is an easy to fix problem.

Several posts here (AVSForum) mention our HDMI low speed data line driver, this unit will resolve the vast majority of these problems.

Part numbers:

HDMI-DAD (Digital Analysis Device)

HDMI-WP21 (Decora Wall Plate System)

HDMI-SR1 (Extended Distance Digital Restorer)

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you have a system setup that works fine, but runs into problems when you do things like select different HDMI inputs on the TV, or switch resolutions, I would guess that it's due to the source device (i.e. playback device) not properly handling the HDMI signal correctly. When the source device changes resolution, it has to "reset" its internal electronics since different resolutions mean a new clock rate, meaning the HDMI transmitter's PLL must get reset, etc. Sounds like an issue with the firmware that dictates how this internal reset should occur. I'd suggest you contact the manufacturer for resolution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.