AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this even possible? Do I need a custom mounting system? I want to hang the tv vertically like a picture frame so I can display digital images of movie posters. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David Lieberman

CineMasterpieces.com

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I recall reading the Panasonic commercial plasma manual (which I installed in our master bedroom) that it could be set up vertically, and also could be driven as a grid with other identical sets. Not sure what mounting bracket would be used in that application though. Might want to check the Panasonic commercial site for some ideas: http://www.panasonic.com/business/pl...pp_pub_ent.asp

·
Registered
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scl23enn4m3
Take a standard mounting bracket and turn it 90 degree? I don't see it being more complicated than that...unless you get into tilt and such.

That would not work very well. Standard mounts use hooks on the top to secure the TV. If you turn the mount 90° you no longer have the hooks up top to keep it from falling off.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/19568382

Some TV panel screw hole patterns are square so turning the mount 90 degrees wouldn't be an issue. However others are not.

True, I was imagining a mount for a larger TV. More like THIS since that is what I've used for all of my TV's.

That's what I get for making assumptions based on limited information.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,116 Posts
I think you want one where the plate is narrower than the TV mounted vertically (or just cut a longer one down) Then just be sure to hit one good stud near the middle of the mounting plate with a couple of lag bolts and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,116 Posts
I did my homework last night and at my health club they have two Samsung TVs hung portrait style. The mount was definitely designed for that orientation but I could not spot a brand label. They also had some kind of axillary box tucked up behind the TV and I assume it is an interface that is pulling the advertising content in from some Internet linked source.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you everyone! Thanks W00lly, I just bought it!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
CineMasterpieces

Post a few photo's when you get it all setup as it sounds like a cool idea

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,116 Posts
SWEET! tell us how you worked the magic. Where did you find or how did you make the image files and what do you have running the show?

With the price of flat panels dropping this solution is actually now more cost effective than many of the premium back lit poster frames.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A digital high definition vintage movie poster display using a new 2011 55" Sony LED backlit HDTV. One sheet posters display life size at 27" x 41". The tv is capable of displaying a slideshow of streaming images from your pc over your home network. I tried it and it works, but I prefer to plug in a usb thumb drive.

We have thousands of images of the posters we sell, I just scaled a few to HD resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.