AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Should I let a projector screen hang or should I roll it back into the case when I am finish ?

Which way will keep a better screen quality ? (less screen waving etc...)

Thanks !

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
I always roll mine up as it blocks the exit to the room.

The waves can be caused by the roller sagging so I am guessing letting it hang could put a little more strain on the roller but either way it will be the same amount of weight..

·
Registered
32,869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noalkain  /t/1468538/hang-or-roll-a-projector-screen#post_23210636

Hi,

Should I let a projector screen hang or should I roll it back into the case when I am finish ?

Which way will keep a better screen quality ? (less screen waving etc...)

Thanks !

Just be carefull rolling up the screen. Make sure there are no bugs on it. You would be surprised at how many screens get messed up from a squashed bug.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Let your screen hang as much as possible. The more a screen hangs, the flatter it will be.

Our screens last much longer when they are used frequently and allowed to hang for extended periods. I'm pretty sure that holds true for most tab-tensioned screens. It is certainly true for Stewart Filmscreen Rollers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by m Robinson  /t/1468538/hang-or-roll-a-projector-screen#post_23218674

Let your screen hang as much as possible. The more a screen hangs, the flatter it will be.

Our screens last much longer when they are used frequently and allowed to hang for extended periods. I'm pretty sure that holds true for most tab-tensioned screens. It is certainly true for Stewart Filmscreen Rollers.

Ok thanks a lot !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts