AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is It Difficult To Hang One Of The Bad Boys? Should I Take The Chance On Doing It Myself, Or Should I Have Someone Do It?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Depends on how you're going to hang it. If you use the Pioneer mounting bracket, it is very simple. It comes with two plates: one plate bolts on to your wall (make sure you find the studs in your wall!), and the other plate connects to the back of the display. You then mount the display by holding it up against the wall, and the two plates fit & lock together using a tab-in-slot arrangement.

Lifting the 50" display up against the wall, however, is a two person job.

You'll also want to do something about the cables that run from the bottom of the display. If you're handy, you could try running them inside the wall. All I did was surface mount two small (1-1/2 " by 1/2") cable guides against the wall under the display, and run the two cables (power cable and combo video / control cable) through the guides.

If (a) finding studs, (b) putting 6 or 8 long screws into the wall and (c) mounting cable guides is not something you want to do yourself, then I recommend going with a capable installer.

Ross

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.