AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a drop ceiling, and I am going to have to hang my rear speakers from it. I haven't chosen the speakers yet (sat or bookshelf). What is the best way to hang these? Is drop the ceiling frame ok? Should they be attached directly to the wood? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
dude go to kef.com and check out the ceiling mountables in the ci series. i dont know what kind of power you have but the ones that have a motor and tilt down are rated at 10-100. i called kef and asked if a 56txi with 110x7 would be a problem and he said no way. i think that any ceiling mount is usually inferior to a similar speaker in a bookshelf type enclosure, but in my particular install its a must. seems like theyre about 500 bucks a piece. i will post when the install is complete (itll be a couple weeks)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Anytime you suspend a speaker, it should be from a stud (joist). If it impractical, then secure a stud to 2 joists. Just cut a 2x4 the size of the joist opening and lay it on the back side of the sheetrock. Nail it securely from both sides. You can then use the added 2x4 to put your speaker fastener (screw or I-hook) to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.