AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming in April 2011 from focus Features is Hanna, essentially using the Jason Bourne storyline but the character played by Hit Girl, this time performed by Saoirse Ronan.

I saw a sneak preview recently of it and it looked really cool

Director is Joe Wright who did Atonement and the Soloist. Trailer's not out yet but I'll assume probably in December. Also stars Erik Bana as her CIA dad and Cate Blanchett

Here's other news about it
http://www.ugo.com/movies/nycc-2010-...-movie-footage

Victor

·
Registered
21,216 Posts
This one really has a chance. Joe Wright is one of my favorite directors and Saoirse Ronan proved in Wright's atonement that she is a talented young actress. I hope that Hanna lives up to its promise.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by franin /forum/post/19969468

ill give this a go when it hits blu ray

+1

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Cate Blanchett! I'm in.

This looks definitely interesting! Saoirse Ronan was in Atonement right?...

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
poster released

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'm in and plan to see it for sure!!

·
Registered
21,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/19973551

She was terrific in The Lovely Bones.

Looking forward to Hanna.

Despite my deep fondness for Ronan's performance in Atonement, I passed over The Lovely Bones. I also avoided Alice Sebold's novel of the same name, despite having been encouraged by my daughter to read it. I found the subject matter so off putting I decided that no amount of critical acclaim would be enough to change my mind. I should add that most of the reviews of the film collected by Rotten Tomatoes were negative . Despite the evident weakness of The Lovely Bones, Ronan was apparently excellent in it.

·
Premium Member
24,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat
Despite my deep fondness for Ronan's performance in Atonement, I passed over The Lovely Bones. I also avoided Alice Sebold's novel of the same name, despite having been encouraged by my daughter to read it. I found the subject matter so off putting I decided that no amount of critical acclaim would be enough to change my mind. I should add that most of the reviews of the film collected by Rotten Tomatoes were negative . Despite the evident weakness of The Lovely Bones, Ronan was apparently excellent in it.
Lovely bones was fantastic.

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
The Lovely Bones was good, imo, but not as good as I was hoping it would be. The young actress in question was excellent however. Tucci was also excellent. Overall though, it felt like it wanted the audience to be more engrossed and emotional than the presentation of the story itself was allowing. Just didn't resonate with me like I'm sure the filmmakers wanted it to. YMMV of course, worth a watch at least.

·
Registered
21,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/19977119

Lovely bones was fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/19977440

The Lovely Bones was good, imo, but not as good as I was hoping it would be. The young actress in question was excellent however. Tucci was also excellent. Overall though, it felt like it wanted the audience to be more engrossed and emotional than the presentation of the story itself was allowing. Just didn't resonate with me like I'm sure the filmmakers wanted it to. YMMV of course, worth a watch at least.

OK, guys, because of my confidence in your judgment and high regard for Ronan's talent I have put The Lovely Bones BD in my BB queue. Be advised, though, if I hate it, it will be all your fault.

·
Premium Member
24,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat /forum/post/19977985

OK, guys, because of my confidence in your judgment and high regard for Ronan's talent I have put The Lovely Bones BD in my BB queue. Be advised, though, if I hate it, it will be all your fault.

I think youll enjoy it gwsat. I was a bit apprehensive before I watched it but after viewing I loved it. It did make me upset though being a father, just makes me wonder about this crazy world we live in.

Let me know what you think gwast

·
Premium Member
24,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/19977440

The story definitely got me and my wife. Im glad I bought it on a blind buy.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Saw it yesterday and thought I was quite good though some of the violence obviously trimmed a bit to get a PG-13 (don't you just hate that). It's a smart story and production, more European in style than Hollyworst. Given it's by director Joe Wright ("Atonement"), no wonder.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts