AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to wish Happy New Year to all the AVS posters including those who disagreed with me - that would be most of of you - and the few that did. Let's all hope for a 55-inch set that has the best of plasma and LCD for 2k or less.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramazur /forum/post/15426754

I want to wish Happy New Year to all the AVS posters including those who disagreed with me - that would be most of of you - and the few that did. Let's all hope for a 55-inch set that has the best of plasma and LCD for 2k or less.

Thank you Ramazur, and let me extend my best wishes for you and your family for the 2009 NEW YEAR!! Best wishes...

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
happy new year!!

My new years resolution is to watch more HDTV!

Everyone outside my apartment is shooting fireworks. And these other guys are outside drunk and shooting firearms into the air.

I just called the police.

I don't think they realize that those bullets come back down.

And if one hits my Kuro I am gonna go get my gun!

Man I hate this neighborhood!!!!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmak09 /forum/post/15429226

happy new year!!

Everyone outside my apartment is shooting fireworks. And these other guys are outside drunk and shooting firearms into the air.

Yikes! I actually don't know anyone who even owns a gun.

However, I used to make my own fireworks from scratch
Not anymore though since in this day and age it is highly frowned upon by local law enforcement when I shake the windows for 4 blocks.

Happy New Year

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmak09 /forum/post/15429226

happy new year!!

I lived in a place like that here in Northern Cal. I spent every major holiday somewhere else.

I hope to have happy disagreements with all of you in 2009. Hope CES brings us some miracles.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrox /forum/post/15429258

Yikes! I actually don't know anyone who even owns a gun.

However, I used to make my own fireworks from scratch
Not anymore though since in this day and age it is highly frowned upon by local law enforcement when I shake the windows for 4 blocks.

Happy New Year

We live in a nice neighborhood but we have a two homes behind us where they aren't the brightest. When your back yard is only about 100 feet deep or so and the same for the person behind you that you would think one has common sense when they shoot fireworks away from their house right towards you that there's a chance they may hit your house and they have several times. These things are called FIREworks for a reason. Sadly, some people just lack common sense or else just have no respect for others.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 /forum/post/15431568

We live in a nice neighborhood but we have a two homes behind us where they aren't the brightest. When your back yard is only about 100 feet deep or so and the same for the person behind you that you would think one has common sense when they shoot fireworks away from their house right towards you that there's a chance they may hit your house and they have several times. These things are called FIREworks for a reason. Sadly, some people just lack common sense or else just have no respect for others.

We have some pretty weird laws in Florida. There are two stores here in Cocoa Beach that sell fireworks all year long. I guess they are mostly selling them over the internet because you are not allowed to set off fireworks here, and where this law was not enforced much when I moved here in 1986, it is now. The cops will fine you $200 for doing it. Another thing is that these 2 fireworks stores are not allowed to sell their products for recreational use, so if you do buy them you must sign a paper stating it's for "agricultural" purposes to scare birds away from your garden, crops, etc.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNG /forum/post/15429325

I hope to have happy disagreements with all of you in 2009.

In the same spirit, I pledge to limit my posts to what is constructive (maxdog was right), skip sarcasm, and limit my visits, and the subsequent reports, to the BB stores, post only what I absolutely know to be facts and avoid blonds-brunettes discussions as those cannot ever be resolved, which, ultimately, is a good thing. Can anyone imagine how boring life would be if we all liked the same things? I was also going to promise to never call anyone a troll, but I realized that I never did so scratch this one.

·
Registered
6,465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramazur /forum/post/15432353

In the same spirit, I pledge to limit my posts to what is constructive (maxdog was right), skip sarcasm, and limit my visits, and the subsequent reports, to the BB stores, post only what I absolutely know to be facts and avoid blonds-brunettes discussions as those cannot ever be resolved, which, ultimately, is a good thing. Can anyone imagine how boring life would be if we all liked the same things? I was also going to promise to never call anyone a troll, but I realized that I never did so scratch this one.

You need to be aware that when your emotionally involved be it a display or a human relationship. You can't be objective.

Thats why folks get upset. Emotionally invested.

In my case I'm having fun.

Happy New Year!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.