AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 779 Posts

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many HT1000 owners do we have here at AVS?

Just a couple of days left for the prospective buyers rebate. New future buyers could add themselves to the list also.

I'll bet there's a pretty large number who own this projector so please chime on.

I'm still totally happy with the quality of video on DVD,HDTV & Direct TV and really don't need any better than this. Even S-video from a VCR looks great. Top notch scaling and the accublend technology must be the answer to why artifacts and dithering effects are all but non existent.

Still one great machine.

·
Registered
20,735 Posts
I'm way happy!! Watched the dvd Chicago Sat. night ( I liked it !), and the season opener of Alias on HDTV last night, and can't wait for today to be over so I can watch M.N.Football in HD tonite!! One even finds themselves fasinated by the picture quality of the commercials on HDTV with this pj!

·
Registered
959 Posts
This is my 4th projector, and maybe my last as I am retired and don't have money to burn. But even if I had the money, I doubt if I'd make a change. In fact, they'll probably have to pry this thing from my cold dead hands.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Another happy HT1000'er here. I feed the projector with DVI out of a Bravo DVD player and use a anamorphic lens. Though the signal remains in the digital domain until it hits the optic nerve, DVD's look more like film projection than I've ever scene from a non-CRT projector.

MIKE

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I own the BenQ 8700 but can highly recommend the HT1000 having demo'd it twice in my HT.

No doubt the prices on this will fall, but no telling how fast and when. There's not much reason to hold off and the price may even bump a bit temporarily for the short term post-rebate.

One question: Does NEC usually announce new products at CEDIA? If so, one can buy even more assured that no new product from them is immediately forthcoming. In any case, any new NEC HD2+ will be at least twice the MSRP of the HT1000.

Dan

·
Registered
813 Posts
Believe it or not, I'm smiling on my pic ... ;)

Add me to the list, great little PJ !

·
Registered
42 Posts
im chuffed(that means happy for all you USdudes)with my pj too and thats watching pal tv only. no hi-def in UK. THAT S***S.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, I finally broke down last week, ordered one on thursday afternoon, and got it friday morning. After owning the LT150 for the last couple of years, I had a part of me feeling that upgrading to a same resolution pj was not really a step forward. The selection between (all sight UNseen) Infocus 7200, BenQ 8700 and HT1000 tortured me for far too long! With the rebate running out and the love affair from many members here with it(thanks Tom!) I just did it! I ordered a Bravo D1 the previous week, so it was already to go. All I can say was 'What A Weekend'!!! and I am very happy with my choice.

Long Live the HT1000!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
another happy owner has a question on lamp hour meter.

i've been running ht1000 on eco-mode but lamp hour percent number doesn't reflect the eco-mode number(2000 hours).

the percentage number assumes normal lamp mode(1500 hours).

does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I started with the LT150z. Far superior scaling and the contrast can't be beat with this home theater model.

How many using the D1 find my colorfacts settings work? You may think at first there's more red. There is, there's the missing red. When I first ran colorfacts with the D1's bright push the color red was about 35% to low. You should find you get use to the new color palate. Overall hues are very pleasing, especally various facel tones. The whole Shire scene comes to mind as looking extremely good.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tom... I need to dig your settings up again. I did on friday afternoon, but was in a hurry, so I'm not sure if I got 'THE' settings to use with the D1. I can't remember off the top of my head right now, but it seems I couldn't do your settings based on the movie/natural selection. I ended up with your settings based on the 'Graphics' choice, but it bumped up the color temp to 8000 or 8500 if I remeber correctly. It looked very good though, and my wife prefered that setting to any other also.

If you have your settings thread EASILY accessible, could you post it again (probably the 100th time)! if not, no big deal, I will be able to find it when I get a few minutes! Again, thanks for your enthusiasm. NEC makes a great product.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Been a happy camper with my HT1K since the beginning of Feb this year. Has not let me down once...been running like new for 8 months now.

The one thing that thrills me at this point is the picture with the Holo II/AUX card as it's drivers finally start reaching maturity...it's not only greatly improved my DVD viewing experience, but it's also done wonders for my HD Sat reciever via DVI.

Long live the HT1000!!!

Bill

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just got my HT1000 this friday. Didn't have a chance to demo it before buying and bought it based on the feedback of avs members.

Needless to say I am very happy with the pj ! My fears of the pj not having enough brightness were unfounded (I have reasonable but not total light control in my setup). Right now I am projecting on my bare white matte wall, have not done any calibration, using composite video cable and the image quality is still very good. RGB output from my HTPC has incredible sharpness and detail.

Next steps -

- buy DVI and component cables - Since I need about 50 feet of each, this is turning out to be expensive. Ideas on which cable to buy and from where ?

- get the projector mounted on the wall - saw some nice mounts done by mandarax but he hasn't responded to my pm

- get a screen ! i might just go for a plain matte white since the wall image itself looks so good. Or should I look into HCCV ?

- calibrate - got the new joe kane video essentials dvd

·
Registered
20,735 Posts
Growler - get 50' cables from Ram Electronics. I like my HCCV screen by the way.

One thing I don't like about my HT1000 is how its increased my desire to buy DVD's ( bought 2 more today ). Other than that, it's great!

·
Registered
424 Posts
mine should arrive today , cant wait, almost blew it and went for a sp5700 but luckly i chose wisely

1 - 20 of 779 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.