AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the info I got from this forum. With the information I got here I purchased a Marantz VP12-s1 (grey market, FLSTC), 100" Firehawk (thanks Jason), RCA DTC 100, a Panasonic RK 31 DVD player and 5 Berkliner recliners (thanks Joyce in Morrow, Ga). This combination works great for me, I'm one happy camper. However there is so much crap going on with certain individuals that I will no longer visit this section of this forum. You can catch me in the High Definition Programing section of the AVSFORUM. I just have one suggestion for Dan Miller. Based on what I have read here and my personnel experiences, Marantz should look into their packing procedure. Mine came double boxed and the inside foam carrage surrounding the projector was broken. This may not be a problem with a large shipment on a pallet, but somewhere along the food chain the brown truck or some other carrier will get to deliver these unit.

Thanks again

Harleyman 1340

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Harley,

Sorry we scared you away :) Make sure you ask Dan this question in the Special Guest forum.

TM

·
Registered
916 Posts
Harley,

Great point. My packing material was trashed also. I think DHL forgot to hook the parachute up to it before they threw it out of the plane :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Great point. My packing material was trashed also. I think DHL forgot to hook the parachute up to it before they threw it out of the plane
At least you got a parachute option.....I didn't even get it offered as an extra option. DHL always called ahead of time and told me to turn on my lawn lights as they were having a hard time spotting my address from above. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/image...s/rolleyes.gif

Look out belowwwwwwwwww!!!

Mike

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yes! DHL is pretty bad these days. Last year Jason shipped my brand new NRS to my office, and my colleague actually asked me which used market I got it from ! There was even a small hole in the box.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I don't think its all DHL's fault. I have had two projectors shipped to my house. One was my dealers demo and most recently the unit I bought. Both times the packing material (the two styrofoam inserts) were all broken. This was via UPS ground. Its Marantz's fault the packaging sucks and there is really no excuse for such poor packaging on a 12.5k projector.

John Moschella

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I sent a videotape via DHL once upon a time, and it arrived shattered. The guy was able to get creative and put the reels in a "donor" tape case so it was salvaged, but wow. Never had a problem with UPS, though.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Its Marantz's fault the packaging sucks and there is really no excuse for such poor packaging on a 12.5k projector.
John,

I definitely agree with this. Something this expensive and fragile should have a much better box and packaging. I know that is why my first Marantz was pretty much DOA.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.