AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to take the opportunity to wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I have to admit, hearing that song made me happy.

I had a terrible day yesterday (and so far today). The furnace cracked, so we had to winterize the house and move out last night (we will have to remain moved out for a few days until it can be replaced - which is going to cost a lot, I'm sure), and I just got a quarter inch splinter in my foot a little while ago at the house we are temporarily staying at... My older daughter snores, so I hardly slept last night in the bed we have to share. I hope they can replace this furnace quickly.

On the bright side, it is now a great time to switch from an oil to a propane burner!

Happy New Year!!!

·
Registered
22,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin /forum/post/15430331

Happy New Year to all

HAPPY NEW YEAR from Maui!

Here's to hopin' that the Moderators have to moderate less in this New Year!

(that would of course mean less deletions of my posts and threads. HA!)

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/15430351

Yea ,CM said happy new year. Anything other than happy things is OT IMO.

Art

I agree.

Who could stoop so low as to do otherwise.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmachine /forum/post/15430927

I agree.

Who could stoop so low as to do otherwise.

When I've had a bad day, it feels good to tell others about it and hear that they care. As Streisand said, "people who need people are the luckiest people of all."

Silly me for believing all people would care...

·
Registered
25,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber /forum/post/15431415

When I've had a bad day, it feels good to tell others about it and hear that they care. As Streisand said, "people who need people are the luckiest people of all."

We care but please don't quote Streisand again,next you will be inviting us over to watch Yentl.

Art

·
Registered
865 Posts
Happy New Years all!

Great U2 Reference. Coincidentally, after midnight last night I dusted off the ol' DVD collection and pulled this out along with some world class sushi and Moet to watch with the little lady: http://www.amazon.com/U2-Vertigo-200.../dp/B000BNXDE6

Great show and an excellent version of New Years is on this. One of my resolutions this year is to watch more concert videos which surprisingly I've gotten away from, perhaps because there are so few good concert BD's that have been released so far, although this recent addition was a blast and highly recommended: http://www.vegasnews.com/566/elton-j...ay-oct-28.html

Amazing production and David Lachapelles videos are entertaining and some interesting cameos, especially Pamela Anderson!.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber /forum/post/15431415

Q, You've picked me up wrong there. My comment had nothing to do with your post at all.

My comment was in response to a quip Art made, and I was actually referring to a recent faux pas of mine.......Hence the embarrassment emoticon.

I hope your situation resolves itself quickly.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Happy New Year to you All ...'

Only in this forum would something so simple as simple as HAPPY NEW year.. would begin a descend toward OT...

HAPPY NEW YEAR YOU ALL!!!

Current temperature a balmy 69 F... No snow, NO Sir! Only sunshine lot of it all year long... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/images/smilies/cool.gif

·
Registered
6,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmachine /forum/post/15431781

Q, You've picked me up wrong there. My comment had nothing to do with your post at all.

My comment was in response to a quip Art made, and I was actually referring to a recent faux pas of mine.......Hence the embarrassment emoticon.

I hope your situation resolves itself quickly.

My bad then, I thought you were poking at me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.