AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an NEC LT150 right now and I'm pretty happy with it's preformance on my 73" 16:9 ME Screen, but I'm wondering if I could be happier with a Sanyo Z1. My main question is this, I know the downside to DLP is rainbows, and I am most definately affected by them. I've gotten used to them and they don't bother me very much anymore, but I would be happy to see them go. Also, I'm using a 4:3 projector on a 16:9 screen, so a native 16:9 projector would be great.

I've never seen a Z1 in action, or any HT LCD projector really, so I'm a little bit worried about the switch to LCD. Acronyms like FPN and VB or my tripled chances of getting a dead or stuck pixel are holding me back. Any advice about what problems I might run into, or which I probably won't? Overall I feel pretty confident I'd be happier with a Z1, but I'm just not sure.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Fence sitting is such a precarious feeling to be in.

I have a two year old model NEC projector that has black level issues and screen door problems. I'm not upgrading until I see an affordable projector with HD capabilities and CRT level blacks.

Why would I want a projector that although better still has it's own visible weaknesses.
http://www.hubc.org.sg/MyWeb/Z1_dustblob_removal.asp

It would be only an interim solution and the cycle would begin again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.