AVS Forum banner

461 - 465 of 465 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
That makes 4. I had to buy back 2 NSW's from a friend who is apparently not the boss of himself:).

So 4x 24vUHT and 4x 21NSW
That's funny. He has my sympathy. To be fair, compromise is often necessary, and the better long-term tact. Divorce is both expensive, and very bad for the health, at least in the short term. The details of 'from whom', though, are very salient.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Funny part is it’s his “man cave” which she decorated. She did a nice job with it but ....

Standard protocol in his situation is to ask for forgiveness later after they are in place. He showed them to her while in the box.

Kicker is she just recently moved in, the precedent has now been set. I get it but it was an amateur cave in on his part.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just curious, I've read through the thread but maybe I missed it...

What does the UHT stand for? I'm assuming the HT is Home Theater?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just curious, I've read through the thread but maybe I missed it...

What does the UHT stand for? I'm assuming the HT is Home Theater?
It stood for 24 - version - Ultra Home Theater. Harbottle Funk are in the process of dropping this nomenclature and replacing it with a system that groups each driver by their motor type. This makes the system easier to group buying programs together when there are multiple drivers available in a single motor type. For example, the vX and vXR use the same steel parts but the internal parts change slightly. This allows us to build two totally different drivers out of one set of steel.

The 24vUHT will be the M3C24 going forward. Website updates will follow during Q2 and Q3 of this year (April to August).

Custom drivers like the TLD will remain.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It stood for 24 - version - Ultra Home Theater. Harbottle Funk are in the process of dropping this nomenclature and replacing it with a system that groups each driver by their motor type. This makes the system easier to group buying programs together when there are multiple drivers available in a single motor type. For example, the vX and vXR use the same steel parts but the internal parts change slightly. This allows us to build two totally different drivers out of one set of steel.

The 24vUHT will be the M3C24 going forward. Website updates will follow during Q2 and Q3 of this year (April to August).

Custom drivers like the TLD will remain.
That makes sense! Thanks for the explanation.

461 - 465 of 465 Posts