AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top of the food chain drivers, prices to match. Somebody has a couple GUJ21v1 which are pretty incredible he says. Set you back 2k per or thereabouts
I got the pricing for the 18vS and the 18vX. If they are as good as they are, the price is not bad. I wish I was better at WinISD and can make the files for them so I can model.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know I'm seriously late to the party, however I still want to help. We have the MAN18 enclosure with posted PDF design specs. This is free to use for yourself for design ideas. Also we have recommended enclosure types with volumes and port tuning range as well for you to use. This narrows the field quite a bit.
As you may know, we are business cousins to Funk Audio, so all the product comes from the same place with the same hands on approach to accurate building.

What to know: the 18.0 is the benchmark sub that we compare performance to. This is a bomb proof sub with a 11 year history and measurements that have not been disputed. So we use it to illustrate the differences between sub drivers.
The differences are this:
18vS same driver as the 18.0 but just a little less of a roll off in the low end. In my experience with this driver it really hits the "Reference Studio" impression right on the head without losing the musicality that the 18.0 is known for. The main difference is that the vS drivers make a bit better use of a larger enclosure whereas the 18.0 is designed to be as small a footprint as possible. So 100L box is where we start, Funk Audio starts smaller than that.
18vX more low end bass, not as much top end. You could call it a 18.0L
18vXR even more low end bass, same top end as vX - so same HT direction just more low end.

If you want to know more about our drivers please feel free to reach out at any time.
Cody

·
Registered
614 Posts
This is a bomb proof sub with a 11 year history and measurements that have not been disputed. So we use it to illustrate the differences between sub drivers.
I think you might be new to the forums... this is a very dangerous place to make that statement...:p

You should send some samples to Ricci for testing...

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I think you might be new to the forums... this is a very dangerous place to make that statement...:p

Ricci has tested a couple of these. Designed and built by Nathan, no need to doubt the legitimacy of the drivers. They are in a word legit.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ricci has tested a couple of these. Designed and built by Nathan, no need to doubt the legitimacy of the drivers. They are in a word legit.
sorry, I wasn’t questioning the legitimacy!

i was questioning the indestructible claim... 😀

I know more than a few here that might take that on as a challenge... 😁

all that said, they are nice drivers! More than I need for now....

·
Registered
40 Posts

Here are the tests for the original GUJ driver, now upgraded to the vX and vXR
The rest can been seen in the suite of Funk Audio offerings.

As far as "bombproof", that is just a turn of phrase. However, they are very tough and our LDLC engineering model is based on pushing a driver to it's thermal limit and holding it there for extended periods of time. They are designed to enjoy being pushed to the edge of their limits.

Ya I've been around the forums for a long time and I've seen how things get carried away. The Harbottle Audio Compnay does not make claims that we are not willing to back up, but if you actually strap a bomb to one of our drivers and blow it up you will void warranty under the "use outside of its intended purpose" and "exposure to corrosive and unsuitable environments" clauses. :sneaky:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi guys. I know you are in the USA. But I just wanted to let you know that I have a special going on right now, and it might open up south of the boarder. Feel free to reach out if you want to know more.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Send me a PM of what you have going Cody

Hi guys. I know you are in the USA. But I just wanted to let you know that I have a special going on right now, and it might open up south of the boarder. Feel free to reach out if you want to know more.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
It’s too bad the vS has an xmech of 25, with an Le of 1.7 this looks to be pretty kickass. Would love to see it in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I'm with you on that. It models like the NSW but dbv2 give the edge to the 6021. More than a few offerings I'd love to try but cost and floor space comes into the equation.

Hopefully the future provides an opportunity, not looking to change but curiosity always wins.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It’s too bad the vS has an xmech of 25, with an Le of 1.7 this looks to be pretty kickass. Would love to see it in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just to clarify, the 18vS has a Xmax of 25 and Xmech of 38.
Its kinda hard to read the table and Im working on a way to fix that. I apologize for the confusion.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts