AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I know I'm seriously late to the party, however I still want to help. We have the MAN18 enclosure with posted PDF design specs. This is free to use for yourself for design ideas. Also we have recommended enclosure types with volumes and port tuning range as well for you to use. This narrows the field quite a bit.
As you may know, we are business cousins to Funk Audio, so all the product comes from the same place with the same hands on approach to accurate building.

What to know: the 18.0 is the benchmark sub that we compare performance to. This is a bomb proof sub with a 11 year history and measurements that have not been disputed. So we use it to illustrate the differences between sub drivers.
The differences are this:
18vS same driver as the 18.0 but just a little less of a roll off in the low end. In my experience with this driver it really hits the "Reference Studio" impression right on the head without losing the musicality that the 18.0 is known for. The main difference is that the vS drivers make a bit better use of a larger enclosure whereas the 18.0 is designed to be as small a footprint as possible. So 100L box is where we start, Funk Audio starts smaller than that.
18vX more low end bass, not as much top end. You could call it a 18.0L
18vXR even more low end bass, same top end as vX - so same HT direction just more low end.

If you want to know more about our drivers please feel free to reach out at any time.
Cody
Cody, thank you for clarifying the differences between the models. I have been drooling over these subs for a while now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just a random thought Cody, a lot of people like to roll their own in here. Would you consider a group buy on just the drivers and not specifically the 18's?
Possibly. But it hasn't been successful in the past. We just need people to fill out the contact form and request group buy programs.
To date, 88% of raw driver sales (diy consumer) have bought Man kits with drivers and 12% have bought stand alone drivers. We would need a lot more raw driver only traction to facilitate group buys for raw drivers, which I am up for 100%

If you are interested in pushing the driver only group buy in different forums and social media, I can send you a breakdown of drivers. We have a 15vX, 18's of course, there is a possibility of a 12 inch as well. As of right now we have one 24 that is most suitable for IB build... 24vXR... now THAT one would be a great diy group buy driver... any way, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Totally understand, what is the MOQ that would need to be hit. Nothing ventured nothing gained on my part so I'd see where it went. The pedigree is such people would take note.
24vXR is good to go. Just needs pricing and promotion. Because we run zero ad promotions, we rely on our fan base to spread the word.

The best options for group buy is:
21vS needs 6 sold - amazing driver
21vXR needs 6 sold - crazy ULF
24vXR needs 6 sold - insane IB driver
15vS needs 12 sold. Preliminary specs not up
12vS needs 24 sold. Preliminary specs not up
12vU needs 12 sold. Preliminary specs up

What drivers is the diy community interested in? I can't group buy everything at the same time because the discounts wouldn't be as effective because I would still have a bunch of investment out, but I can stage it so it would be one or two drivers in a motor group at a time. That would add variety.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Our group buy is still going until November 30.
For customer driven group buy:
Contact Us through our website contact page for quantity pricing on the product you are interested in.
Organize your people and promote the group buy in any way you want.
Communicate your needs to us, we will help you drive the buy.
We want to accommodate. Please reach out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Notice: There has been updates to the Harbottle website.
  • New group buy form
  • The Man18S has been renamed the M18
  • Revision to group buy policies

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd be more interested in this 21" if I could get an idea of the price. Is it listed somewhere and I'm just missing it???
Hi there.
Pricing is not public. All you have to do is email us and ask for a quote.
As a manufacturer, our prices fluctuate according to market values of raw materials.
Producing a retail price structure involves adding in buffers for inflation and market corrections which increases in price.
On the other hand, if we just quote each inquiry the customer saves more money because the buffers are gone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is there a group buy going on for the 21" I can email you about?
I just got a email from Gorilla Killa, he wants to fire one up. I'm just pricing it out now. You should give him a shout and see what arrangements he has going on.
We allow our customers to put their own group buy together. You dont have to wait for what we have happening on the website... Ya, I know, its pretty cool.;)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts