AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My situation is this: I bought a Shiva X, and intended to go through building my own subwoofer. I've been waiting on a deal on a 500w Bash Plate Amp from Parts Express (or possible was going to cave and buy the one O-audio offers) to finish it up and build my enclosure.

Then, enter $100K in tuition from business school. Granted, I'm still working full-time, but am faced with moving from a 2000 sq. ft. house to a condo/apartment downtown (think 800 sq. ft. max!)

So does it really make sense to follow through on this? I can't imagine waiting 3 years to move and "appreciate" this setup would make sense. So should I just sell this thing and cut my losses?

P.S.: One comment form a friend was that I could simply turn the subwoofer down and would still appreciate it, even at the lower volumes. I'm running a set of Mirage OS3 fronts and the OS3 center right now, which provides almost no bass at all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence guys! I am going to do it. I'll look in to the cheaper amps for sure - that will make this thing a whole lot easier to swallow! Thanks again for the "push" :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah, recall that doubling an amp's power will only give you 3dB more. So going for a cheaper amp won't cost you much performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.