AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have movies that I've successfully ripped onto my hard drive (back-ups of most watch movies from my collection, mainly kid movies). I usually start the movies using DVDStarter and then launch Zoomplayer. Everything works great and beautifully.

Is there any way to simply start a movie by double-clinking on a single icon? I can work around inside of programs pretty well, but I get lost when I'm on the outside trying to make programs work together.

I'm use to the Windows XP front end and would prefer to use it rather than another front end if at all possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Make the .ifo file associate with zplayer.exe. Then double click on Video_ts.ifo.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You don't need to use DVD starter. Just go to Windows Explorer and double click the Video_ts.ifo file. If you have associated .ifo with zplayer.exe, the movie should start right up in Zoomplayer.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
This might work.

Go to your DVD folder and hold down "left shift" and then "right click" with the mouse onto the DVD file (whatevername.iso) and then click on "Open With" when the menu appears, then hit the "Browse" button and go to the folder where Zoomplayer is located and pick "Zoomplayer.exe" and that should work.

To try it first uncheck the "Always open with this program" button at the same window with the "Browse" button.

Hope this helps.

peace

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
That will work, and that is exactly what I posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.