AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. My Hard drive went out on my 5040 replay tv. I bought a new Maxtor 120 GB Diamond Max 10, 8mb cache hard drive and replaced it. And it worked fine for about two weeks, all of a sudden it studdered and it wouldn't stop. So I turned off the power, it rebooted. It worked again and I could record and watch shows, but all my saved shows and replay channels were gone. The hard drive is brand new from an online dealer. Is it the motherboard causing this new problem? Or do I need to get the dealer to send a new hard drive?

All answers greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If it's a 16MB cache model, it is incompatible with Replay. Stick with an 8MB model, or better yet a Seagate (5 yr warranty).

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
At least some ReplayTVs don't play well with any Diamondmax 10 series drives: Drive compatibility

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a maxtor diamondmax (8mb) go bad on me after a few months. I RMAed and got a replacement that didn't last a day (but works fine in my computer). Stay away from maxtors for Replay. I put my almost year old western digital in and everything's going well.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
For the record, any Maxtor except the Diamondmax 10 line should work fine in any ReplayTV.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8er
For the record, any Maxtor except the Diamondmax 10 line should work fine in any ReplayTV.
And they do. I'm not going out on a limb stating that 100% of the OEM Replays use Maxtors (and probably better han 90% of upgraded Replay do so too.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.