AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have had to give back my borrowed 1292 service manual.

I need to do a hard dip switch reset of my 1292. Has anyone done one and how do you do it??

Descriptions of the process please !!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but that is not quite what I am after. On the 127XX series you can actually do a full reset that resets the counters and absolutely ALL adjustments in every memory block.

I have a few issues that I know will fix if I can accomplish this.

One of them is the inability to copy the information from one memory block to ALL memory blocks. For some reason mine will just not do it. I also have some electronic astig issues that will probably fix itself after a hard reset.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is the 1270 capable of copying from one memory block to all of them.. and is the hard reset, (dip switches) available on the 1270 models.. i picked up a used 1270, that i'd love to reset to scratch, and then tune perfectly.. i don't have any counters to worry about!

Aaron

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes you can copy from one block to them all quite easily.

When you save the data by pushing the memory key down (hold it down) after about ten seconds, a screen comes up and asks if yiou want to copy to all memory blocks. You push the up arrow key and it saves the converngence data and everything else to every memory block.

Un fortunately mine doesnt seen to want to do that, hence this question.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hmm.. so will convergence be the same even though the frequency is different.. i spent alot of time getting my pj set up just right using the built in test paterns with no inputs.. just to have to start all over once i hooked up my htpc.. quite frustrating actually.. considering.. i'm not even at a point where i can get a good sized image from my htpc to even see what pc settings i'm changing and which icons i'm hitting and stuff! :(

Aaron

so in theory, i could go back to the no input, everything set up.. and hold memory key longer to get it to write that to every input and all would be fine.. does it just do this for the three inputs, or for each of the frequency tables as well..?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Graham,

How's the "down under" treating you? I just got my service manual back and tried to look up a hard reset. The only info I am finding is the same factory reset as described in the installation manual. If you can tell me where to look in the service manual, I will gladly do so. Hope I can be of some help!

Mike

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi Aaron and Mike. Aaronit will copy all the convergence data and geometyry stuff and it will genrally be c;lose enough in all the memory blocks so I suggest you do that. It will save you heaps of hassle.

Mike, I am not sure if its in the manula or not. I cant remember seeeing it in the service manual for the 1272 either.

Maybe its an undocumented function ??? I notice that the dip switch and the reset button in the 1292 look almost identical to the 1272.

Mmm, if you could look in the index for the 1292 for me about resetting counters Mike ?? maybe that will give me a lead. The more I think about it the more sure I am that the swutch position to do this is the same as a 1292.

And evidence that it is from your end Mike would be great.

And news from Ken about when yr first 1292 will come back ??

Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
I checked the index and can't find anything. I scanned through the manual and can only find the factory reset sequence....."press CENT R and B to enter the green cent adj mode.......press simultaneoulsy..... press SIZE key.....",etc. Sorry I can't find it for you. Any other suggestions to look at. There was no index on resetting counters. Ken said he has to move in the next 30 days and he definitely doesn't want to move my beast. So, hopefully soon! Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
thanks.. i'll reconverge and register tonight, and save data across all memory blocks.. then work with my avia dvd to get it nice.. :)

Aaron

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will have to give it a try, nothing else seems to point the way, and the processor board looks very similar to the 12xx one.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
I have a 1251 manual if it would be any help Graham.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.