AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to hard reset a vizio? I tried the factory reset, but it hasn't resolved some little quirks on mine. I use it as a monitor for my PC now, and when I turn it on, video comes up, then it says there is no signal from RGB, and shuts off. if I switch it to HDMI while this message is up, and then switch back to RGB, it's fine. I also have to go into the menu and click auto adjust each time. Even if I leave the TV on and let the screensaver take over it does this.

I'm hoping hard resetting it (if possible) will fix these issues. They seem like firmware problems, not hardware.

Model is a VS420LF1A

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I have one of these at work and it does the same thing. Most times I use it I use RBG, so I have to change the input before powering down so it powers up to something other than RBG. Swap the channel and it works OK.

Another thing I've done (not a fix, just a workaround) is refresh the computer video output during the few seconds before it shuts down....it usually "finds" the signal and will stay on then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.