AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking for a new TV for a while and I think I've got it narrowed down to two sets. Looking for something with low input lag (one reason why I'm looking at Panasonic for the IPS panel) because I play games a lot. Also looking for good picture quality, but input lag is the most important thing for me.


I'm trying to decide between the TC-L32U3 and the TC-L32E3. Looks like the biggest differences are that the E3 has LED backlighting and internet applications like Netflix. I have access to Netflix on my game consoles, so that's not a big deal to me. Is the LED backlighting and a few other small things worth the extra $150 that the E3 costs?


I appreciate any help on the subject. Thank you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts

Quote:
IPS Alpha LED Back-Lit(e3) vs. IPS Alpha LCD(u3)

Wow does this mean the u3 is ccfl backlit? On a 2011 set. Didn't even realize they were still making them. Thanks for the link T.Q.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Hey, I have been looking at the Panny L32E3 myself, but I haven't been able to find the input lag numbers. If you happen to buy it, could you do some tests? I know myself and many others in the input lag thread would be happy. Thanks in advance man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain P1an3t /forum/post/20820399


Hey, I have been looking at the Panny L32E3 myself, but I haven't been able to find the input lag numbers. If you happen to buy it, could you do some tests? I know myself and many others in the input lag thread would be happy. Thanks in advance man

I've been PMing a member and fellow gamer on here about the E3 and he found a UK review site that reviewed the UK/European version of the E3 (I think). It's the TX-L32E3B.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/panaso...2e3b_TV_review


They said this about input lag on page 3


"To finish on an appropriately positive note, though, the L32E3B is a potentially good option for gamers, as we measured its input lag at under 10ms - which is about as good as it gets, really. The only downside is that the motion blur can distract a bit when you’re panning quickly around."


I'm sure the set probably has good input lag numbers, but that just sounds a little too good. Says that the set does have some motion blur troubles, but I'm having trouble finding much info on this set to confirm the motion blur problem.


Thanks for the link TQ, much appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wt Pocket /forum/post/20823005


I've been PMing a member and fellow gamer on here about the E3 and he found a UK review site that reviewed the UK/European version of the E3 (I think). It's the TX-L32E3B.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/panaso...2e3b_TV_review


They said this about input lag on page 3


"To finish on an appropriately positive note, though, the L32E3B is a potentially good option for gamers, as we measured its input lag at under 10ms - which is about as good as it gets, really. The only downside is that the motion blur can distract a bit when you're panning quickly around."


I'm sure the set probably has good input lag numbers, but that just sounds a little too good. Says that the set does have some motion blur troubles, but I'm having trouble finding much info on this set to confirm the motion blur problem.


Thanks for the link TQ, much appreciated.

Hey thanks man. I'm heading to school in a couple of weeks and needed something relatively large, but also my main point was something that could handle game speed with ease. Picture quality is second fiddle when it comes to DMRing some kid in Reach so I'm leaning towards the E3 even more now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain P1an3t /forum/post/20823576


Hey thanks man. I'm heading to school in a couple of weeks and needed something relatively large, but also my main point was something that could handle game speed with ease. Picture quality is second fiddle when it comes to DMRing some kid in Reach so I'm leaning towards the E3 even more now

Same for me. As long as the input lag is low, the picture quality will be good enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I'm actually having the same problem deciding between the Panasonic TC-L32U3 and TC-L32E3 models, and also looking somewhat at the TC-L32C3 model, although I'm more tempted to just buy the 1080p models (the C3 is only 720p).



I've more or less given up on LG's 32LK450 tv's because I cannot find the coveted IPS panel in that size that are so crucial to video gaming lag (I checked several stores). I don't want to take the chance on the panel lottery online.


I need to make a decision leading up to Black Friday at Best Buy on which model I should get. I plan on primarily using this tv for video gaming, maybe movies and cable tv as an afterthought. But the main features I am considering are as-low-as-possible input lag (I'm very picky in this regard, my old TC-L22X2 didn't cut it), and best PQ for the money. I'm also somewhat interest in how well these models handle the 4:4:4 chroma test, but using it as a PC monitor is secondary to using it as a video gaming display. My budget is no more than $500, and I am not even remotely interested in 3D at this time, I feel it is gimmicky at best. Besides, if I want 3D, I'd want a bigger size anyway.


I apologize for bumping a 3 month old thread, but I really would appreciate anybody's input on this since I can't find any info on other models I was considering.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top