AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished all the adjustments and connected the composite video output from the DVD player to the Source 1 input. The picture looks nice:p

But have two questions:

1. While going through the focus procedure, the blue grids looked thicker and as if out of focus:confused: Is this normal? reflection effects of different colors? or there is anything else to adjust the focus?

2. The picture was gone when playing a DD or DST disk, and "no input signal" displayed. What's happening? the DVD player won't down convert a high resolution stream and out put through the composite video?

Thanks and regards,

Lei

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any answers ?

1. does the blue focus lines normally looks thicker? or some electrical focusing needs to be done? and how?

2. some DVD playbacks are okay with feeding into the sourec 1 (composite), while others show no input. Why? is it some copyright protection that is imcompatible with the BG800 input? have not tried any other input yet.

Answers to any of the above questions are appreciated.

Lei

·
Registered
548 Posts
Lei, you cannot use the colorstream outputs from your DVD player into the back of the BG800. That is why it is acting confused when you try to use that input. If you want a line doubled image, you need to either buy a DVDO or use a HTPC

[EDIT] Whoops, I was in a hurry and didn't read your whole post. Try the sync setting (fast/slow) in the setup screen. That may fix it.

Also, I have also tried to focus blue sharper, for some reason it is always a little softer. You can try, however, to pop open the case and adjust the High Voltage focus. It is on the right hand side with the guns pointing away from you and the projector on the floor. Do a search for focus block and let us know what you find.

Good luck,

Garrick

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi Guys,

Lei, The blue tube will always be a bit softer than the others (as Garrick pointed out). This allows better grey scale tracking as the output of the tube rises from 0 IRE to 100 IRE (although it will never EXACTLY match with the other two tubes). The adjustment on the focus block may help.

The image problems on input one may be Macrovision related. Post '92 Barcos (not 100% on the date there) can be modified to defeat the Macrovision interference. Honestly, though, I'd consider a line doubler or HTPC through the RGB inputs to get around it, as your image quality will increase dramatically.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Darrin

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Darrin and Garrick for the helpful info. Yes, I'm going to set up a HTPC for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.