AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that I have vertical jitter (like what is visible with the FusionHDTVII's hardware assisted decode) even with PowerDVD4.0 when I turn on hardware acceleration. What's up with that? My system has a using an NVIDIA QuadroFX 1000; this is equivielent to the GeForceFX series.

The most recent version of NVDVD dosn't seem to have a problem but the demo expiered. Perhaps the old version of PowerDVD is trying to do something that the newer cards support differently than they used to?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using an old version of PowerDVD (4.0) and I'm pretty sure that it is just using the video overlay; if there is VRM support it is hidden as there is no option to select it.

I'll try downgrading later to see what happens. If that fixes it I'll see if NVIDIA responds to e-mails. I would rather keep the better shader support in the v50 series; none of my games really benifit much from it at the moment but that will eventually change.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANK YOU!!!!

Not only is the playback in PowerDVD now perfect the hardware accelerated BOB de-interlace in the FusionHDTV software now looks perfect and runs just as smooth as "Weave".

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.